This topic is about Goddess Interrupted
Archives > Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh | 14729 comments Mod
We will start today.

message 2: by Lys (new)

Lys (lysrowan) I still have to pick it up from the library, but I'll be back later tonight.
Did you read the interim novella, Leigh?

message 3: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I didn't yet.

message 4: by Sheri, Princess of Power (last edited Jun 03, 2013 09:07AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sheri | 12034 comments Mod
18 chapters, - 4 a day? Or do you want to do 5 again?

So Calliope is Hera, right? I Googled her because I didn't know much about her and found this, just to give a little insight into her character...

Hera was known for her jealous and vengeful nature, most notably against Zeus's lovers and offspring, but also against mortals who crossed her...

Also, Zeus had to trick her into marrying him? Sounds like that happens a lot with the gods :)

message 5: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

5/day works for me.

Calliope is definitely hateful. Henry needs to drop his shields and open up to his wife, Kate. James seems to be the better character. We can always choose who we fall in love with.

message 6: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

There was a lot happening today. Psycho Titans who like playing rough with their 'toys?' I have no idea how accurate it is, but I love where the story line is headed.

I get why the gods don't want to help Kate go after the three who got captured - they have never known the fear of death, or they don't remember it from before if they did know it, now they are all chicken when that threat comes to them. They don't seem to understand that humans (Kate) face death every single day just by getting out of bed.

message 7: by Sheri, Princess of Power (last edited Jun 04, 2013 12:44PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

She explained Calliope's fascination with Henry today (I hate Henry for a name for Hades, BTW). But I'm already a bit tired of Kate's whole I Have To Die To Save The World attitude.

What are you ladies thinking?

message 8: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

That's making me crazy too. I attitude of the lesser gods was irritating as well. They are all scared and it takes Kate to save the day. Who is leaving Kate the flowers? Is it Cronus or Calliope? Are they using that to spy on Kate.

message 9: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (last edited Jun 05, 2013 09:38AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

James is a jerk. First, he had a relationship with Persephone while she was married to Henry and now he wants to do the same thing with Kate. I think part of Henry's problem is he sees history repeating itself and he is closing himself off so it doesn't hurt as much.

message 10: by Sheri, Princess of Power (last edited Jun 05, 2013 05:52AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I don't like Persephone. What did Henry see in her?

message 11: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

So Henry is kind of being a jerk now. He is pretty much treating Kate the way Persephone treated him.

message 12: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I am not liking anyone right now!

message 13: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sheri wrote: "So Henry is kind of being a jerk now. He is pretty much treating Kate the way Persephone treated him."

I agree but can part of his problem be that he is trying to protect himself and her by pushing her away. He definitely doesn't know how to show love!

message 14: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh wrote: "I agree but can part of his problem be that he is trying to protect himself and her by pushing her away. He definitely doesn't know how to show love!"

Yeah, I get that, I mean the girl he loved cheats on him with everyone else and then takes off with another guy, but...(view spoiler)

message 15: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

All the gods/goddesses act like spoiled teenagers. I get that they are bored, having lived for thousands of years, but still...

message 16: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I just finished and I can't believe how it ended! For awhile I thought I didn't want to continue the series but I have to find out what happens. I will say that this book evoked a lot of emotions in me: disgust, annoyance, sadness, hatred, understanding and sympathy.

message 17: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lol, completely understood. I will be finishing tonight.

I had to look up Adonis...because he was a god, too, so I wonder why he was portrayed as a mortal in the story. Apparently there was a sort-of love triangle going on between him, Persephone, and Aphrodite. This is all interesting stuff. I'm going to have to look more into the stories behind the Greek gods and goddesses.

message 18: by Sheri, Princess of Power (last edited Jun 05, 2013 03:10PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I had a feeling it might be (view spoiler) sending her the flowers...

I had to finish, too. Other than the constant whining from Kate about not being good enough and Calliope trying to kill her (which she couldn't anyway now that she is immortal), I really liked this one, too.

I want to hear what Alyssia has to say about the gods/myths from this book. I think it is easier to read and enjoy when you don't think about them as the gods they are supposed to be.

I was suspecting Calliope might be messing with Kate in that way, but I thought it would be more like (view spoiler).

message 19: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I was thrown by the ending. I enjoyed it too. The whining did get on my nerves but she pulled it out in the end. Adonis god of beauty. Why did she have him as a mortal?

Where is Alyssia?

What are we reading Monday?

message 20: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

I say we either finish this series or else read Jekyll....or Scarlet Letter. I had to start SL this week for class, but I will still join in on the discussion whenever we buddy read it.

message 21: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh wrote: "I was thrown by the ending. I enjoyed it too. The whining did get on my nerves but she pulled it out in the end."

Yeah, I was glad when she finally stood up to Henry and basically told him to stop acting like a baby. I still don't like Persephone, though.

And speaking of the ending...(view spoiler).

message 22: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I say we read Scarlet Letter than we can finish this series.

message 23: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

That's fine with me. We can wait to hear from Alyssia. I know Gwenn wanted to read that with us, too.

message 24: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I think we will have more participation if we read that one.

message 25: by Lys (new)

Lys (lysrowan) Hey guys.
I am great with The Scarlet Letter.
Sorry, this week I've been doing a lot of work on the new house, and a very good friend defended his dissertation (and is a Dr.!) so I've been running around to meetings and going out to eat far more than is healthy.
Also, as you know, I wasn't a fan of the Goddess Test. So I rather fell behind. Which I didn't feel too bad about (although I missed you two).

I am ready though. ;)

message 26: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

We've missed you, too :)

I've started SL because I had to have some read for class this week, but there are definitely points of discussion. I almost started a thread just to write my thoughts down so I didn't forget them! But I will re-read and discuss then :) BTW, every time I read about Hester I think Demi Moore (which kind of kills the mood), and I haven't even seen the movie!

message 27: by Lys (new)

Lys (lysrowan) Haha, I haven't either, but students mention it frequently. How far have you gotten? We could always start reading it over the weekend if Leigh was alright with it.
I am pretty positive Gwenn would be.

message 28: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm only up to chapter four or five, but the chapters are long. The book itself is only about 200 pages. I didn't even look to see how many chapters there are.

There is also a forward (The Custom-House) that I didn't read since we didn't have to for class. It is supposedly a setup for the narrator, though, and might be interesting. I don't know how many pages the forward is, but SL didn't start until about the 20% mark on my Kindle.

message 29: by Lys (new)

Lys (lysrowan) Yes, the forward is looooong.

It's been a while, but I've read it.

message 30: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

I guess I'm on chapter 8, and there are 24. I'm supposed to read through 12 for class, but if you ladies start this weekend I would love to discuss :)

message 31: by Lys (new)

Lys (lysrowan) Alrighty. I can get on board with that.

I was about to start Magic Study (Study, #2) by Maria V. Snyder , but I can always read it later. I listened to Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder while working at the house this week, and it was amaaaazing.

message 32: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

I LOVED Poison Study! I bought the next two right after reading it but haven't gotten to them yet.

message 33: by Lys (new)

Lys (lysrowan) Did you read Assassin Study? It's only a few chapters, but it's good. mmm, Valek.

Also, good! We can read Magic Study together then.
OMG, that book was AMAZING. I, too, bought the whole series.

message 34: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

I haven't read Assassin Study yet, but I will before I read Magic Study.

message 35: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

If you want to start it, go ahead. Otherwise I could read it with you sometime next week.

message 36: by Lys (new)

Lys (lysrowan) whenever you're ready. :)

message 37: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

I have a couple of review books I have to get read this weekend, but I could start Tuesday if you want to wait for me :)

message 38: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sheri wrote: "I guess I'm on chapter 8, and there are 24. I'm supposed to read through 12 for class, but if you ladies start this weekend I would love to discuss :)"

I have it on audio. Are we going to read The Custom House? Are we going to start tomorrow? How many chapters/day?

message 39: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alyssia wrote: "Alrighty. I can get on board with that.

I was about to start Magic Study (Study, #2) by Maria V. Snyder, but I can always read it later. I listened to Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder while working at the hous..."

I just bought the first two in the series but haven't started them yet.

message 40: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

I downloaded the audio, too, but wanted to read it first since I think I comprehend more when I actually read and it is for a class.

You two can decide on pace since I'm already ahead of you. There are 24 chapters.

message 41: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

Poison Study is really good.

message 42: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I want to read Poison Study soon but I won't be able to get it finished for Tuesday to start Magic Study.

I just finished Wither so I will start SL. I will start a thread.

message 43: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

How was Wither?

message 44: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

When do you think you'll be able to read Poison Study?

We need to read Jekyll, too, still. I think at this point that is the only one still on our list :)

message 45: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

Oh, I guess you and I have to finish the third book of this series, too, Leigh.

message 46: by Lys (new)

Lys (lysrowan) I wasn't trying to jump in and ruin Goddess series.
I was just saying, whenever, we should read the Poison Study books. Because... omg. So good. :)

message 47: by Lys (new)

Lys (lysrowan) So, if Leigh wants to as well, we can wait for her. Maybe I can get Gwenn to read the first one too. :)

message 48: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alyssia wrote: "I wasn't trying to jump in and ruin Goddess series.
I was just saying, whenever, we should read the Poison Study books. Because... omg. So good. :)"

No problem. Me and Leigh can read it whenever. We'll find time :)

message 49: by Lys (new)

Lys (lysrowan) Here's the link to assassin's study, btw. It is free.
http://www.mariavsnyder.com/assassins...

message 50: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - rated it 4 stars

I saw that when I was looking earlier. I couldn't find it on Amazon so I googled it :) Thanks!

« previous 1