YA Apocalyptic and Dystopian Fiction discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived > June 2013 Monthly Challenge!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (DemonKittie), Is Alive! (last edited Jun 02, 2013 10:36PM) (new)

Amy (DemonKittie) (demonkittie) | 340 comments Mod
Welcome to the first official reading challenge. You may read as many or as few books as you decide to. There is no prize other than reading the books you want. Hope that this goes well. Welcome!

Also, you can use books from any genre you want.

Challenge Levels:
1-4 books – Easy
5-8 books – Medium
9-12 books – Difficult

(You can use books you are reading for another challenge as well)

You can pick and post your books now or post as you go, but do not start reading until June 1! Don't forget to tell what level you are aiming for!

1. June 1st is Flip A Coin Day: Pick two books and then flip a coin to pick which one to read. (No cheating!)

2. June 3rd is Repeat Day: Read a book you have read before, or a book in a series that has characters you have read about before.

3. June 4th is Hug Your Cat Day: Read a book where the main character has a cat, or there is a shape shifter that is feline.

4. June 5th is World Environment Day: Read a book where the weather, or climate have a major role.

5. June 8th is Pick Your Poison Day: Pick a book that you want to read, but haven't gotten around to reading yet.

6. June 12th is Red Rose Day: Read a book with a rose on the cover, or that has a mostly red cover.

7. June 14th is Flag Day: Read a book with a flag of any kind on it's cover.

8. June 15th is Smile Power Day: Read a book that makes you smile.

9. June 16th is Father's Day: Read a book that has a character that is close to their father, or where a father is the main character.

10. June 21st is Finally Summer Day (Summer Solstice): Read a book that makes you think of summer, or has summer in the title.

11. June 23rd is National Pink Day: Read a book with a mostly pink cover.

12. June 30th is Meteor Day: Read a book that takes place in space.

Completed:

message 2: by Amy (DemonKittie), Is Alive! (last edited Jun 24, 2013 10:08PM) (new)

I am in of course. Anyone going to join me?

Going for medium. 5/7

1. Alice In Zombieland ()
2. American Psycho (6/22)
5. Swamplandia (6/1)
6. Beastly ()
8. Red Riding Hood (6/24)
9. Jaws (6/18)
12. Ender's Game (6/6)

message 3: by Bethany (last edited Jun 07, 2013 08:10AM) (new)

Bethany I'll join in. But I'm gonna be lame and go for easy :/ This is a loaded month for me so I don't know how much actual reading I'll get in.

Does your book have to line up with the day you start it? Like, if I was gonna start a book tonight on the 5th...does it have to be for world environment day? Or do I just have to pick within the June options?

Easy- 0/4

1. Repeat day- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (finished)
2. Pick your poison day- The After/Life by Vardan Partamyan
3. Flip a coin day- Graveminder by Melissa Marr

message 4: by Amy (DemonKittie), Is Alive! (last edited Jun 05, 2013 09:46PM) (new)

Bethany wrote: "Does your book have to line up with the day you start it? Like, if I was gonna start a book tonight on the 5th...does it have to be for world environment day? Or do I just have to pick within the June options"

You can read your books anytime within the month and use it for any of the days. I just used the dates as a guide to show why I used the cover options I did.

Plus there is nothing lame about doing the easy level. Sometimes we have busy months that interrupt our reading. It happens.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.