Robert Jordan's:The Wheel of Time discussion

The Shadow Rising (The Wheel of Time, #4)
This topic is about The Shadow Rising
The Shadow Rising Read Along Part I

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susan (nrlymrtl) | 110 comments Hello everyone, here are the discussion questions for Part I of the read along, which cover Chapters 1-3. There are spoilers below. Join us here or the blogosphere, which ever works for you: http://coffeecookiesandchilipeppers.b...

1. Min’s viewings when she returns to Tar Valon are enough to make anyone worried: any guesses as to what will cause the death and mayhem? Also, is anyone else curious to know the story behind the name Elmindreda?

2. We now know some of Elaida’s reasons for being so fixated with Morgase, but do you think that she will actually help or hinder the fight against the Dark One?

3. We are introduced to Ordeith, but there is little description of him. Do you think we have met him before, using a different name, or is he yet another in the growing list of baddies? Also, how do you think Two Rivers will cope with him and the Whitecloaks and will we get to see Mistress Luhhan in action again?

4. High Lady Suroth seems to think that she will be able to capture Rand and make him into a type of damane. Do you think this is likely, or is she underestimating him and being wildly optimistic?

5. Holy bubbles in the Pattern, Batman! Was I the only one frantically reading to see if the three lads would even survive their ‘interesting’ evening? This made a nice change from the Trolloc attack motif of the earlier books, but how long do you expect our characters to survive with things like this happening more frequently?

6. Sexytimes! Last week we discussed the relationship between Perrin and Faile and it seems to have ‘progressed’ quite a bit. Do you think that they are an item now, with full sexytimes privileges, even though it seems a little unclear from the book so far? Also, what about Berelain and her ever so subtle attempt to seduce Rand: how funny was it when she thought he was just talking dirty to her? Finally, how far do you think the Maiden’s Kiss game went to keep Mat awake all night???? :D

Nick Foulkes | 4 comments Ordeith is Fain I'm certain of that, both from his description and that of his men. and due to the fact I think the last we heard about him he was with the leader of the children of light.

it's a hell of a start to this book with the strange goings on that's for sure!

Susan (nrlymrtl) | 110 comments Nick wrote: "Ordeith is Fain I'm certain of that, both from his description and that of his men. and due to the fact I think the last we heard about him he was with the leader of the children of light.

it's a..."

I enjoyed the beginning of this book and Ordieth sure is creepy. I think it has been one of Jordan's more obvious 'disguises' meaning I knew at once it was Fain. Whereas, with other characters, I have been completely off the mark.