What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Murder Mystery mainly set in Italy, read between 2001-2008

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori Hladik vaughn | 2 comments Can't remember the name of a book I read around the years 2000-2007. I think it was a well-known author. Starts out in America (I want to say D.C.) the main character (Not really a detective, I think he used to work for the government) ends up having to travel to Italy where he gets an apartment, learns Italian, gets beat up and has to keep from getting killed. There are many references to architecture, statues and so forth all throughout the Italian city. He meets a woman and meets with her numerous times. He finds out she is married to an older man who is ill, and she can't leave him while he is still living. The story ends with the man back in America (D.C.??) Anyone have any ideas??

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 30834 comments Mod
Hi Lori. Why does the man travel to Italy? Can you tell us more about the murder mystery or how he meets the woman? Feel free to include spoilers by typing < spoiler > and < /spoiler > (remove the spaces) around the content you want to hide. Thanks!

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori Hladik vaughn | 2 comments Hi...I hate to sound ignorant, but I don't understand (view spoiler)

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36865 comments Mod
Lori, are you still looking for this book?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

I guess it's not The Etruscan Chimera, set in Tuscany, because the protagonist is a female antiques dealer and a male collector ends up dead.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Lori, are you still looking for this book?"

No response in 3+ years. Moving to Abandoned.