Reader's Ink discussion

Little Bee > Question 4 - Characters

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie | 168 comments Which character or characters resonated with you the most?

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 384 comments Mod
Charlie! As a the mum of a 3-year-old who is also going through a superhero phase (Spider Man and Wonder Woman at the moment, both of whom shall always remain second to her true love, Cinderella), I totally saw my little girl in Charlie/Batman. That kid's character rang very true for me, and his innocence plus unpredictability and the huge love both Sarah and Little Bee had for him was just sweet. Cleave also captured the way in which very young children try to make sense of the world, and you saw that his understanding good and bad was just as limited as Sarah or Little Bee's.

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie | 168 comments I wanted to know more about Yevette- her backstory, and what happened to her when she woke up on the farm. I loved the way her words were written and, while not realistic, it would've been interesting had she teamed up with Little Bee.

message 4: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 134 comments I AGREE WITH JULIE. I LOVED THE WAY YEVETTE PUT THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE ALBEIT NOT REALISTICALLY BUT DEFINITELY FROM HER VIEWPOINT. THE SURVIVAL OF ALL THE ESCAPEES FROM THE DETENTION CENTER WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER STORY.

message 5: by Diana S (last edited Jul 16, 2013 05:31PM) (new)

Diana S Little Bee and especially with Charlie.
Poor Charlie, I'm not surprised he wanted to be Batman everyday. He had to deal with his mother's infidelity (that little boy knew what was going on). Also, his father's depression and then his dad's death. No wonder, he felt that he had to be ready to fight with the baddies at anytime. I wouldn't take my Batman outfit off either if I were in his shoes.