Better Than Starbucks discussion

if your e-reader could display the cover of the book you are currently reading, on it's case, would you switch that feature on?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lee (new)

Lee I would, simply because I am always hoping that some one will notice what I'm reading and have something interesting to say about it- hasn't happened so far with proper paper books unfortunately :(
Would probably switch it off if I was reading one of my comfort regency romances though.

message 2: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Yes.

message 3: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Stewart (haybop) Yes, as long as it was an option of displaying or not (I once decided to force myself through 50 Shades just so I could make my own opinion of it & would've hated anyone I knew knowing I was reading it). The joy of an e-reader is being able to have guilty reads that aren't just for being read in the house ;)

message 4: by Lee (new)

Lee I read somewhere that 50 shades was reponsible for a big increase in e-reader sales - just for that reason!

message 5: by Angela (new)

Angela (asheck) | 17 comments No. It would be a waste for me. I have a cover on mine and when I open it, I start reading.

I read 50 Shades on my e-reader. Saw a woman today with it in audio book... now THAT'S brave!!

message 6: by Hayley (last edited Jun 09, 2013 12:08AM) (new)

Hayley Stewart (haybop) Yep, audio book is very brave, but I wonder who was reading it ;)

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) Definitely not. I am a big downloader of the free ebooks, and the majority of them tend to be rather romantically charged. Some of the covers would cause quite the ruckus! ;)