Making Connections discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVES - Book of The Month > Nominations for July's BOTM- General

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tana (last edited Jun 03, 2013 09:36AM) (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14679 comments Mod
This book will be selected from an open nomination process. Any book may be nominated as long as it meets the group's BOM nomination criteria*.

The first 10 books that have second and third nominations will be eligible for being voted on by the membership via a poll.

The book with the highest amount of votes will be one of our Books of the Months.

*BOM Nomination Criteria:

All books nominated must be listed in our group under our ARR Program or have been listed in the past under Completed ARR Books.

Please do NOT nominate a book that is part of a series unless it is the first book (at the moderator's discretion)

Nominated books should not have recently been a BOM.
You should check the Book of the Month group bookshelf to make sure the book you nominate has not already been a group read.

Authors if your book wins the BOM you may contact one of the mod's if you’re interested in giving the members it for free with the condition they will write a review.

Anyone can nominate a book, but must be different member to second or third said book.

Any other questions leave us a message below.

message 2: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14679 comments Mod
Please remember that this BOTM Program is for books that are listed or were listed in our ARR Program.

Nominations will close on June 15th.

message 3: by J.M. (new)

J.M. Rankin (jmrankin) | 54 comments I would like to nominate my novel, Darkness Forbidden, for the July BotM. It was released back in December on Kindle :)

[book:Darkness Forbidden|17155588

Jacqui

message 4: by Jill (new)

Jill Sanders (jillmsanders) | 57 comments I'd like to nominate my first book in my Pride Series, Finding Pride. The third book in this series release date is July 1st.

Finding Pride

description

It's a wonderful story about second chances in love & life.

Megan Kimble was traveling a long way to find the next chapter in her life, one that would not include her brother Matt. Losing him now was tragic, even more so since she had finally freed herself from the abuse and the shame of a bad marriage. She had spent years hiding things from Matt, so he wouldn't know about her horrible life. Keeping her secret world of bruises, cuts, and broken bones, much like the one she now sported with a large white cast.

Dealing with her loss was hard, but, now she was thinking of taking over Matt's new business venture. This could be the fresh start she needed, a new town, a new place to forget the pain and maybe she could learn to trust again.

Todd Jordan was a successful businessman, who had once lost it all, and now he had just lost his best friend and business partner. But, then she came into town broken and scared, and for the first time in a long time he was looking forward to his future. Breaking down Megan's barriers would take patience and strength, and he would need that strength to keep what he loves safe.

message 5: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Kalthoff (wkalthoff) | 27 comments Barefoot season by suan mallery or any jule garowwod or catherine coulter book

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I'm recommending Hope(less) for the July BOM. Thanks!

message 7: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Ferdinand (LeslieFerdinand) | 34 comments I would like to nominate my book, Wicked Allure by Leslie C. Ferdinand Thanks!

message 8: by Kimberly (last edited Jun 03, 2013 11:38AM) (new)

Kimberly Brouillette (kimberly_brouillette) | 11 comments Secrets in the Shallows (Monastery Murders) by Karen Vance Hammond
I'd like to nominate my book, 'Secrets in the Shallows', please. Thank you!
Secrets in the Shallows

IF you wish to be lost in a captivating murder mystery with characters that will come alive in your mind; IF you enjoy twists and turns that will lead you where you do not suspect; and IF you are ready for a page-turner that will keep you up in the wee hours of the morning; then I would like to invite you to discover the 'Secrets in the Shallows.'

Karen Vance Hammond
Kimberly Brouillette

message 9: by Candy (new)

Candy O'Donnell | 1 comments I nominate Kimberely Brouillette & Karen Vance Hammond's book, "Secrets in the Shallows"

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lafferty | 146 comments I'd like to nominate my historic novel "Knight of the Purple Ribbon", Knight of the Purple Ribbon Knight of the Purple Ribbon by Jennifer K. Lafferty

message 11: by Brian (new)

Brian | 1 comments I nominate Kimberely Brouillette & Karen Vance Hammond's book, "Secrets in the Shallows"

message 12: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Feldhaus | 1 comments I nominate my dear friend Kimberely Brouillette & her friend Karen Hammond. Secrets in the Shallows!

message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan Ziggy (susanziggyhelpsyahoocom) | 3 comments Can I nominate Susan Ziggy, a non fiction writer about how to create a great relationship? What to do before you say I Do?

message 14: by Susan (new)

Susan Anderson | 1 comments I would like to nominate Secrets in the Shallows (Monastery Murders) by Karen Vance Hammond and Kimberly Huddle Brouillette

message 15: by Wodke (new)

Wodke Hawkinson (wodkehawkinson) | 1 comments We'd like to nominate our novel BETRAYED by Wodke Hawkinson. Thank you. Betrayed

message 16: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Goldhahn hilburn | 1 comments I nominate "Secrets in the Shallows (Monastery Murders)" by Karen Vance Hammond and Kimberly Huddle Brouillette.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I would like to nominate my daughter's book "How To Be A Goddess" by Sarah Nestler

message 18: by Christie (new)

Christie Heisler (chrisj8m7) | 1 comments Minutes Before Sunset

I would love to nominate this amazing book by Shannon A. Thompson Am loving this novel right now!!!

message 19: by Raymond (new)

Raymond Vogel Christie wrote: "Minutes Before Sunset

I would love to nominate this amazing book by Shannon A. Thompson Am loving this novel right now!!!"

I second this nomination. Great choice.

message 20: by Amber (new)

Amber Forbes (thedancingwriter) | 11 comments Raymond wrote: "Christie wrote: "Minutes Before Sunset

I would love to nominate this amazing book by Shannon A. Thompson Am loving this novel right now!!!"

I second this nomination. Great choice."

I third this nomination!

message 21: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Abeling | 1 comments I would like to nominate Secrets in the Shallows (Monastery Murders)by Karen Vance Hammond and Kimberly Huddle Brouillette please. Thank You!

message 22: by Beth (new)

Beth Fontaine | 1 comments Kimberly wrote: "Secrets in the Shallows (Monastery Murders) by Karen Vance Hammond
I'd like to nominate my book, 'Secrets in the Shallows', please. Thank you!
Secrets in the Shallows

IF you wish to be lost in a captivating murder myst..."

I second this vote!!! Love it!!

message 23: by Vera (new)

Vera | 5 comments I'd like to nominate my first book in the Cobweb Bride Trilogy, Cobweb Bride.

For the book description, please see here:

http://www.norilana.com/cobweb.htm

Thanks! :)

message 24: by Karen (new)

Karen Hammond (karenvancehammond) | 2 comments It would be an honor to have your vote for Secrets in the Shallows. Thank you.

If you wish to be lost in a captivating murder myst..." Secrets in the Shallows (Monastery Murders) by Karen Vance Hammond

message 25: by Janet (new)

Janet I Haas (goodreadscomjanetihaas) | 1 comments I would like to nominate Secrets in the Shallows Monastery Murders) by Karen Vance Hammond and Kimberly Huddle Brouillette

message 26: by Brian (new)

Brian Braden (brianbraden) I would like to nominate Tara Staley's Need to Breathe. Need to Breathe by Tara Staley

message 27: by Ken (new)

Ken | 1 comments Karen wrote: "It would be an honor to have your vote for Secrets in the Shallows. Thank you.

If you wish to be lost in a captivating murder myst..."Secrets in the Shallows (Monastery Murders) by Karen Vance Hammond"

I've read this most exellent book and I gave it a five star review! I can't recommend it enough!

message 28: by Chris (new)

Chris Matheny | 1 comments I would like to nominate Kimberely Brouillette & Karen Vance Hammond's book, "Secrets in the Shallows"

message 29: by Casey (new)

Casey Mauney | 1 comments I nominate Kimberely Brouillette & Karen Vance Hammond's book, "Secrets in the Shallows"

message 31: by Jesterz (new)

Jesterz Court | 1 comments I would like to nominate secrets in the shallows by kimberely
brouillette and karen vance hammond

message 32: by Silver (new)

Silver Wolf | 2 comments I Would like to second Christie and nominate Minutes before sunset by Shanon A. Thompson.

message 34: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Whidden (dawn71753) | 43 comments When dependable Evan Madison fails to show up for work, police are dispatched to his home. His ten-year-old son, Brad, is discovered inside, unharmed and seemingly alone. He is stoic, sitting in front of the television playing his favorite video game, Super Mario-and he's covered in blood. Veteran Police Officer Marty Keal is the first on the scene. With his many years of experience, he thinks he's seen it all. That is, until he discovers Brad's not really alone after all. Upstairs in their bedroom lies the brutally bludgeoned and deceased bodies of both his mother and his father. When questioned, Brad confesses to the horrific murders. When Brad is transferred to a local mental health institution for children, Dr. Hope Rubin is brought in to evaluate and treat the child. A preliminary investigation shows no evidence of any kind of mistreatment in his past. She must determine the disturbing truth: Is Brad telling the truth? Or is he covering for someone else? Detective Jean Whitely rounds out the investigative team; and she suspects there is much more to the case than what meets the eye. The happily married mother of two is unwavering in her determination to uncover the real truth about Brad. Was he abused? Or is he the product of an evil seed born to kill? As the layers of truth about Brad are systematically peeled away, you will be compelled to ask yourself, Which is the more dominate factor in contributing to who we are-NATURE or NURTURE?

message 35: by Bob (new)

Bob Mustin (gridley) | 8 comments I'd like to nominate Sam's Place: Stories

message 36: by Brian (last edited Jun 04, 2013 07:21AM) (new)

Brian (coloradomandala) | 26 comments I would like to second the nomination of the wonderful book by Bob Mustin entitled "Sam's Place"

message 37: by Bob (new)

Bob Mustin (gridley) | 8 comments Brian wrote: "I would like to second the nomination of the wonderful book by Bob Mustin entitled "Sam's Place""

Thanks, Brian!

message 38: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Thompson (shannonathompson) | 5 comments Christie wrote: "Minutes Before Sunset

Wow! Thank you, Christie (and everyone else) for the nomination! If I can, I'd love to be a vote for Minutes Before Sunset by Shannon A. Thompson too.

message 39: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1 comments I'm adding my vote for Bob Mustin's "Sam's Place."

message 40: by Emily (new)

Emily Spanos henze | 1 comments I nominate Kimberely Brouillette & Karen Vance Hammond's book, "Secrets in the Shallows"

message 41: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brouillette (kimberly_brouillette) | 11 comments TY to everyone for the nominations for Secrets in the Shallows. I did get a few emails from Goodreads that showed additional people who also voted for our book, but the posts are not showing up here. I know of at least 2. If you'd like me to forward them to an email address so you can check on it, I'd be happy to. Both are people I know and were voting on our book as well.

message 42: by Brian (new)

Brian (coloradomandala) | 26 comments You are so welcome!

message 43: by D.W. (new)

D.W. Frauenfelder (dwfrauenfelder) Bob wrote: "I'd like to nominate Sam's Place: Stories"

I would like to second this nomination.

message 44: by Bob (new)

Bob Mustin (gridley) | 8 comments Thanks, David!

message 45: by Julia (new)

Julia Demaria | 1 comments I nominate Kimberly Brouilettte and Karen Vance Hammond's book, "Secrets In The Shallows."

message 46: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Gillespie | 5 comments Shannon A. Thompson- Minutes Before Sunset!!!

message 47: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephg617) | 1 comments Christie wrote: "Minutes Before Sunset

I second this!!

message 48: by Vickie (new)

Vickie Kayuk | 4 comments I second the nomination of Minutes Before Sunset by Shannon A. Thompson. Looking forward to the sequel.

message 49: by John (new)

John theSailor (thesailor) | 8 comments I would like to nominate my own book, which my publisher called:
"One of those unique and wonderful manuscripts that come one's way all too rarely"

The Seven Gifts came to Earth and lay dormant, unseen, like seeds in an empty desert. Then the rains came, as an Angel bearing seven mysterious books. Woven within them, far from the eye of a casual reader, were the simple truths of The Seven Gifts. The Angel chose a young boy to reveal them: to endure a wild, spiritual odyssey through seven arcane and bizarre worlds, in pursuit of a lonely white dolphin - the final link to the wonder of The Seven Gifts; and the enigma of the Angel, and the mystery of himself. And perhaps the mystery of us...

"Beautifully written tales that capture the mind, heart and spirit" - LL Book Review
"Walks that fine line between profound and insane" - Inkweaver Review
"It is really a wonderful, unique book" - Zuzka Vašíčková

message 50: by A. (new)

A. Spears | 2 comments I would like to nominate "Secrets in the Shallows (Monastery Murders)" by Karen Vance Hammond and Kimberly Huddle Brouillette. It sounds like a charming, chilling tale.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.