YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend (Hamilton High, #1)
This topic is about The DUFF
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > The Duff by Kody Keplinger - Restarting March 4th 2015

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mishma Nixon Mei and I are going to read The Duff on the 9th of June,Sunday.
Feel free to join us.

Mishma Nixon Woah,it was really a quick read.Just took me a hour and a half to finish this.
Have you started Mei?

message 3: by Mei (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments Wow you're incredibly fast!! That's how short it is? I'll start in a few minutes.

Mishma Nixon I am getting back on track I guess:)I am making up for May since I didn't read much last month.
The book was awesome.I can't wait to know what you feel about it.

message 5: by Mei (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments I'm only at 28%. wow. so much for being disgusted at Wesley and instead of doing a project, ending up w/ having sex.

Jonababez | 2458 comments I love Wesley!!! ♥

message 7: by Mei (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments 86% - When Toby & Bianca started dating I was totally shipping the two of them! But Jessica was right, there are no sparks. It's obvious that as much as Bianca wanted to hate hin, she can't. And as Wesley may appear a man whore, he seemed very concerned about Bianca, in case another situation involving physical abuse may occur. He actually fcking cares what it may result to, AGAIN.

As for Mr. Piper, (view spoiler)

message 8: by Mei (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments I'm also starting to see the bright side of Casey & Jessica. THEY ARE GREAT FRIENDS, even though they appear slutty because they go to clubs.

They didn't ditch Bianca or judged for her actions, and they were very supportive & respectable of her decisions & her happiness. They didn't push her to explaining things further. Or throw at her face how she used to forgot about them for a while. They have forgotten about it eventually & knew better than to argue. They'll know if something is bugging her and remind her she can talk them into it.

And knowing how Casey & Bianca became friends w/ Jessica was truly heartwarming. I was wrong when I thought of them as just dragging Bianca along w/ them at the bars, because she obviously doesn't like there and has no choice. Something like a slave. I love their friendship.

message 9: by Mei (last edited Jun 10, 2013 02:32AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments So far what I just didn't like at this moment was the sex 3-4 times a week. seriously!!! -_- I am just really glad the protagonist isn't a Mary Sue or else I might have put this down.

message 10: by Mei (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments Wesley Rush doesn't chase girls, (view spoiler)

My gas!!!!!!!!!!!!! I literally squealed! Oh gaaaaahd. Lolsorry. Hahahaha! :D

Jonababez | 2458 comments ***************

Do not read above the line, it contains spoilers! Lol! ;)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Jodie and I will read this on Friday, July 12.
Feel free to join!

message 13: by Jodi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jodi (readinbooks) | 337 comments Okay so I started this last night and I am liking it so far. (view spoiler)

message 14: by Jodi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jodi (readinbooks) | 337 comments So Bianca has said over and over in the book how much Casey has been there for her and never left her after all these years. I don't really understand how or why Bianca shuts Casey out. (view spoiler)

message 15: by Jodi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jodi (readinbooks) | 337 comments Okay now Bianca is just being a bag to her friends. She has completely shut out the people who are always there for her. She doesn't even see them anymore. How can she not see why Casey is so angry? I know when I am being a B to people.

message 16: by Jodi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jodi (readinbooks) | 337 comments (view spoiler) I am almost finished the book. I am not really liking Bianca right now but I know that she is being quite typical of a young girl. It is hard to talk about feelings and take chances but I don't know...just not liking her much right now.

Jonababez | 2458 comments Jodi wrote: "Okay so I started this last night and I am liking it so far. I can't believe that Wesley went up to Bianca in the club and out right told her that she was a DUFF and that he was using her as a mea..."

Because of that, I didn't feel the insta love for Wesley, he's too blunt for a guy. :)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Jodi wrote: "So Bianca has said over and over in the book how much Casey has been there for her and never left her after all these years. I don't really understand how or why Bianca shuts Casey out. It was not..."

I'm thinking that she started to trust Wesley more than her friends. I totally understand her in some way, sometimes it's easier to open up to stangers. :)

message 19: by Jodi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jodi (readinbooks) | 337 comments Jona wrote: "Jodi wrote: "Okay so I started this last night and I am liking it so far. I can't believe that Wesley went up to Bianca in the club and out right told her that she was a DUFF and that he was using..."
He is too blunt and for a while just seems slimy. I don't understand (view spoiler) He has for sure grown on me though. I still have some reading to do.

message 20: by Jodi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jodi (readinbooks) | 337 comments Jona wrote: "Jodi wrote: "So Bianca has said over and over in the book how much Casey has been there for her and never left her after all these years. I don't really understand how or why Bianca shuts Casey out..."

I guess I do agree that is can be easier to be more open with strangers. Do you know who I really enjoy in the book? The bartender at the club. He is so nice and pretty insightful.

message 21: by Jodi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jodi (readinbooks) | 337 comments Okay (view spoiler)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments Can a mod change this to march 4th please?

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83369 comments Mod
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting March 4th 2015. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments ty :)

message 25: by Jackie (new) - added it

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments I'd like to join.

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments Wooo

message 27: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments Think I might join this buddy read tomorrow

message 28: by Jackie (new) - added it

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments I might be a bit late on this as I am trying to finish two books right now. :)

message 29: by Mona (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mona | 2 comments Hiii
can I join you reading this .. I'm going to start it tomorrow

Nikinnia Smith (gagirl83) | 817 comments I'll be joining this buddy read.

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments I will be joining this

(view spoiler)

message 32: by Mona (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mona | 2 comments end of chapter 1 ... I liked it so far
(view spoiler)

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments 54% I just saw the trailer of the movie
(view spoiler)

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments 81% (view spoiler)

Ending: (view spoiler)

message 35: by Mona (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mona | 2 comments End of chapter 12 (view spoiler)