Fever (Breathless, #2) Fever discussion

Did I miss something ladies?? Who else was disappointed?

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sunny (last edited Jun 02, 2013 01:33PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Sunny Okay... I did really like "Rush". I'm a sucker for assholes like Gabe was in the beginning with Mia and how royally he effed up in Paris (or wherever) BUT then I bought "Fever" and was majorly disappointed. Did I miss something ladies??? It felt super CHEESY. Also neither Jace or Bethany had any back bone when it came to each other.

I get it when Bethy was very A-Okay with Jace (Super Dom) to take over but really? Even barely knowing him altogether a couple hours?

I'm hoping ASH doesn't disappoint bc he seems more like my type outta the three. (fingers crossed) lol

Ilana i get where you're coming from in the disappointment here. i thought rush was better when you're looking at the 2 side by side, but i think that it's typically the case when we have a trilogy that book 2 falls a little flat. to be honest, i think that it was nicely done, while i agree that there was a bit of flatness to jace and bethany. i think that it was all expected what was going to happen with her and her 'past' and how Jace was going to take over and try to save her.

i'm with you too though that i really hope that Ash's story will be a great finale. i think that there's more to him than we know already and i hope that Maya Banks gives us a glimpse into his past a bit more too since we know that it's troubled and that tends to make a story even more interesting to me.

Julie Rush was a way better read than Fever was, to me. I doubt that Ill read the last one as I was so bored with Ash.

Lesley Caldwell I was really disappointed with this book. I really liked Rush and couldn't wait to read Fever, but I found it to be a bit unbelievable and the relationship between Jace and Bethany was a bit boring. Let's hope Ash's story hits a home run.

Maggie I agree with you all. I was a bit bummed. However, I'll be reading Burn because I'll want to see how it will compare to the others and I have to finish the triology.

Danielle I preferred the characters and story line in rush over fever but it was still an overall decent book.I can't wait to read Ash's story

Danielle ⚾️ (Danielle's Escape) Yep me too I liked Rush much better. Fever just did not draw me in at all. The whole let me save a homeless woman and make her fall in love with me just did not grab my attention. Once the ending was coming near the plot picked up a bit. But like anything I finished what I started and will read Burn when it come out. Hopefully Ash's story will be better.

message 8: by Stefanie (last edited Jun 26, 2013 08:23AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Stefanie Stratton Am I the only one that wanted to dive more into Jace and Ash's world of sharing women and their friendship/business dynamic before diving head first into the whole "needing" Bethany?

I really liked Rush and I was instantly curious about Jace and Ash and their lil adventures on business trips but Fever fell short. I found myself skipping over his inner whiny monologue about how much he loves her. Wah Wah Wah.

I wanted to like him but I ended up thinking he was a bit of a p_$$y. Only when he shoved his foot so far into his own mouth did he draw me back in and then he groveled and whined again. For someone who likes control, he gave all of it away to Bethany who I found to be lacking a backbone. The streets should have toughened her up a bit, no?

I will read Ash's story because he and Gabe were my two fav characters, but I hope it doesn't end up like Fever.

Sunny Stefanie wrote: "Am I the only one that wanted to dive more into Jace and Ash's world of sharing women and their friendship/business dynamic before diving head first into the whole "needing" Bethany?

I really li..."

YES!! It would have been amazing if the second book was more based on their sexual exploits since it was known in the first one that they indeed did and very often share women, it was their thing. I totally agree about Jace being a lil b**** and how Bethany wasn't super tough for being raised in the streets... I mean come on? She was just way too soft for someone who went what she went through.

I'm so hoping ASH's story won't disappoint! He seemed wayyy more interesting! With his laid-back and easy going charm... plus I'm intrigued to find out more about all this family BS he has going on.

Ashley LOVED Rush.
Fever... I just couldn't get in to.
I will read Burn when it comes out... I loved Ash in the first two (probably the only thing I liked about Fever).

Lynette I agree...Fever fell flat for me too. I didn't really like Bethany at all, felt she was too needy and depressing. Jace was hot but a bit over-the-top. I'm looking forward to reading Burn, but heard some reviews that weren't so great- but still keeping my fingers crossed :)

Angie Elle I feel like these men were incredibly alpha until they fell in love. That's when they lost that aura of authority, I think. Jace more than Gabe. Particularly when you see them in the book following their own.

Hello I think Rush felt like the best in the series for me because of Mia's attitude. And I liked that. I like how she made Gabe grovel for her in the end.
Fever was ok, I guess. I thought that there was like something missing.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved rush . Loved Gabe and Mia. I didn't like Fever didn't like Ash.. Looking forward to reading Burn

Sonja Vikan wow......:0)im the only one who liked Fever better then Rush

Maria Costantino I would of love for Gabe and Mia little secret what happen in Oversea come out in this book, but it never happen. Reading last book about Ash.

Vanessa Out of the 3 books I loved Rush the best.... Gabe and Mia are my favorite characters out of the series, even though I loved the others and their stories they were lacking something in my opinion. I would still recommend these books to anyone :-)

Katherine Sunny wrote: "Okay... I did really like "Rush". I'm a sucker for assholes like Gabe was in the beginning with Mia and how royally he effed up in Paris (or wherever) BUT then I bought "Fever" and was majorly disa..."

I totally agree with you, and I also felt like something was missing in Jace and Bethany's relationship, like they just didn't have that spark.

message 19: by Mary (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mary Bess I first fell in love with her with the Colters. I have been NOT so liking the last 3 books she has written.

Valerie Belliveau I felt the novels were progressively less interesting. Maybe if I had not read them back to back perhaps?

message 21: by Mary (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mary Bess nope she is slacking. Her Harlquins were better.

Angelique Am I the only one who couldn't buy a billionaire falling for a homeless girl? I just could not get past the premise. Rush was better.

Ramishah I think Bethanys story was the sweetest and the most unrealistic! However, reading Mia and Gabes story just didnt do anything for me!

Martine I'm only at page 63 right now... and he already seems to be developing feelings for her? I mean... really?? And like Angelique mentioned above, a billionnaire falling for a homeless girl? When he could have anyone he wants? Eeeerrrrr....

Lashuri Chan No I liked the first two books. It's Burn that majorly sucked in my opinion.

Angie Elle I really didn't like the threesome scene and how Jace was immediately distrustful of Ash. I think the scene was meant to convey Jace's protective nature for Bethany, but it just read incredibly awkward for me, especially considering this was something Ash and Jace did often.

Michelle °O° Angie wrote: "I really didn't like the threesome scene and how Jace was immediately distrustful of Ash. I think the scene was meant to convey Jace's protective nature for Bethany, but it just read incredibly awk..."

By reading this scene I found out I am not a threesome type of girl. LOL This scene ruined the whole book for me that I couldn't finish it.

message 28: by Elena (new) - rated it 1 star

Elena Julie wrote: "Rush was a way better read than Fever was, to me. I doubt that Ill read the last one as I was so bored with Ash."

You doubt you will read next book?? Lol ...
But in your review you gave it 5* and said "I can't wait for next book in August" :))

message 29: by Elena (new) - rated it 1 star

Elena I really did not like this one! And that was a disappointment since I really liked the first one!

I found some of the things Jace said completely repulsive! His "Do you understand that I would be in absolute control over every aspect of our relationship, Bethany? Do you really get that? That every decision will be made by me. Where we eat, what we eat, where we go, where you go. When we have sex. When we don't have sex. What you wear. Who you talk to. Are you getting it yet? I'm a controlling bastard and that won't change. Are you really willing to sign on for something like that?"

What the hell?? Who would be willing to sign up for THAT?! For someone to admit they will control what you eat and who you talk to?! That's sick! that's not a Dom/sub relationship - that's him being a psychopath!!

My review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Louise B I absolutely hated this book. Atrocious!!

Stephanie Like all the books in the series I felt like things moved waaay too fast. I mean not only was it just downright unbelievable, but also just too much. It just felt like a soap to me. I was really disappointed.