Multiculturalism in YA,Fantasy, Sci FI,Paranormal and fun books ;p discussion

Hollowstone
This topic is about Hollowstone
Navigating Through Race- The Plight of Storytellers of Color

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

http://www.fangsforthefantasy.com/201...

I was browsing the internet and stumbled upon this guest post on a blog i'm following(well now anyways)

It's written by one of our lovely members, Dennis R.Upkins

It's an amazing post and just wanted to share it.

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) | 115 comments Denny's also an amazing author. Check out his first novel Hollowstone.

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather Heffner | 64 comments Very insightful and well-put, Dennis! Thanks for sharing this, Libertad. I really liked this part:

"If the teen character in Hollowstone who became pregnant was any ethnicity other than white, then the issue wouldn’t be about teen pregnancy and the obstacles young women contend with. It would instead be about how women of color are too promiscuous due to lack of proper upbringing.

If the jocks in Hollowstone engaging in homophobia were black instead of white, the issue wouldn’t be about the harm homophobia can inflict on young people, it would instead be about how black people are innately more homophobic than any other race."

Dennis R. (dennis_upkins) | 7 comments Thank you all for the warm and loving comments. They truly mean a lot.

As a writer, the greatest reward for me (aside from ridiculous sums of cash) is having my writing, be it a guest post or a novel, or a blog update, affect people positively.

Multiculturalism in YA,Fantasy, Sci...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Hollowstone (other topics)