The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

Which book would you live inside?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 99 (99 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Anupoma Joyeeta Joyee Okay, let's just face it, guys, we have ALWAYS wanted to live inside a book that we love. Wonder if there were a silvertongue out there and you found him, like in Inkheart, who could read to you and get you into YOUR favourite story. *dreamy* Which story would YOU choose and why?

I'd choose Harry Potter but my nightmare is ending up as a Muggle on Dursley level :L

message 2: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Love to be Eve Dallas from the In Death series. Murder cop, hot, billionaire husband,. Yes, would love to walk in her shoes :)

Anupoma Joyeeta Joyee Haven't read it but sounds quite thrilling to me! Imagine away! We'll get there maybe, who knows! :D

message 4: by Bian (last edited Jun 02, 2013 04:55AM) (new)

Bian | 53 comments I'd love to be in the Eyre Affair because it just seems such an amazingly interesting world. Otherwise Harry Potter.

message 5: by Emma (last edited Jun 01, 2013 05:24AM) (new)

Emma Joy | 15 comments I'd probably be an unknown remnant from House Reyne. Then, make my way to Robb Stark before he meets Jeyne Westerling. Yes, I know he is betrothed to a Frey girl but I know he would choose me because I'm way too prettier than any Frey. I would repeatedly instill in his mind that he's at war and valuing honour will pay him no good at this particular moment. In war, honour is a deadly excuse. You have to kill and win. Make plots and rejoice. He has to be as clever as Varys and Littlefinger. Our union can make us ahead in playing the game of thrones. Perhaps, I can also make my own song in response to the "The Rains of Castamere" entitled "The Lion's Last Breath".

Imaginative.:)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I would like to live inside soo many books

message 7: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Jones A Game of Thrones would be awesome. Preferably before the war ha ha. Harry Potters world would be fun too.

message 8: by B.R. (new)

B.R. Crichton (brcrichton) Any one of Iain M Banks' culture novels would do me. Aboard an interstellar GSV, flitting through the galaxy, practically immortal and every need catered for by drones.
Ok, it might get boring after the first thousand years, but there's always 'Special Circumstances' to liven things up.

message 9: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited Jun 01, 2013 05:47AM) (new)

Kristie | 4665 comments Yes! I've always wanted to live in Harry Potter's world too. :) But only if I could be awesome at magic, maybe be a teacher at Hogwarts, since I'm way too old to be a student. lol I would not want to live there if I couldn't do magic and had to be a lowly muggle. That would be so depressing!

message 10: by N (new)

N | 276 comments A Famous Five book - or The Island of Adventure. Man those books led me to reading and I have the happiest memories from them.

message 11: by Ankita (new)

Ankita (SinghA) | 135 comments Maggie wrote: "Love to be Eve Dallas from the In Death series. Murder cop, hot, billionaire husband,. Yes, would love to walk in her shoes :)"
Me too.I love all the kick-ass action of Lt. Eve Dallas & I have not so secret crush on Roarke{ loving hot, rich,powerful man(swoon)}Also I would love to solve the murder mysteries too:)

message 12: by Craig (new)

Craig | 23 comments I would love to live on Terry Pratchetts Discworld, so many interesting people to meet!

message 13: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Jones I would also love to live inside an Ian Fleming novel....not sure whether I would want to be James Bond or a villain though.

message 14: by мєℓ (new)

мєℓ Jonathan wrote: "A Game of Thrones would be awesome. Preferably before the war ha ha."

:) I agree, and depends where!

message 15: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Tomlinson hancock (BookWormsUnite) | 2 comments Harry Potter would be the obvious one for me to choose because of the magic and the endless possibilities. I mean who wouldn't love to play quidditch? On the other hand I have a strange draw to the Great Expectations world because I would find it very mesmerising. I would maybe even go into the future with Divergent because I also am drawn to the future :)

message 16: by emma (new)

emma (readsneversleeps) Obviously Harry Potter, but also The Mortal Instruments, the Gallagher Girl Series, and maybe even possibly Divergent

message 17: by Nila (new)

Nila | 3 comments Oh yes! The Gallagher Girls or Heist Society DEFINATELY! I love ally carter's stories! But also maybe The Infernal Devices or The Vampire Academy

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I would love to live inside the Gossip Girl books, their lives are so fabulous.

message 19: by Christian (new)

Christian Maria Morgan Harry Potter.
maybe Divergent.
Percy Jaskon only if I was a half- blood.

message 20: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) I like to live inside of the Clique books. :D

message 21: by Rose (new)

Rose | 54 comments I would love to live in a Nancy Drew novel. She is so self-assured and she solves mysteries. I also would like to live in the Infernal Devices novels.

message 22: by Yesenia (new)

Yesenia Maqueda (annechase) | 140 comments I would definitely live in Percy Jackson series, or if that one doesn't work,

message 23: by Yesenia (new)

Yesenia Maqueda (annechase) | 140 comments Fablehaven !!

message 24: by Amber (new)

Amber | 9 comments Seems so far Harry Potter is the most chosen... and yes I am choosing that too. I think many of the books are more realistic... and if I could pick anything, why not Hogwarts? And I too, as Kristie said, would want to be a professor! :)

I actually once had a dream that I was going to help Harry in some epic battle!

message 25: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bridget224) | 66 comments I would live in Divergent! I've pondered so many times what it'd be like to have to choose a faction. I don't think I'm fit for Abnegation, Candor, or Amity...idk but Dauntless would be sickkkk. There's so many books I wish I could live in! I love this topic!

message 26: by Cupcake (new)

Cupcake | 2 comments Nila wrote: "Oh yes! The Gallagher Girls or Heist Society DEFINATELY! I love ally carter's stories! But also maybe The Infernal Devices or The Vampire Academy"

Yeah! Same here!

message 27: by Rob (new)

Rob (whisperinthewind) The lying game series, hands down

message 28: by Christian (new)

Christian Maria Morgan take me with you Snesha

nadine | abooknomad (abooknomad) Harry Potter.

message 30: by Jackie Lynn (new)

Jackie Lynn (romancenovlover) That's such a hard question! I'd love to see a my favorite romance novel characters in action. How fun.

message 31: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (sophianise) | 8 comments Nila wrote: "Oh yes! The Gallagher Girls or Heist Society DEFINATELY! I love ally carter's stories! But also maybe The Infernal Devices or The Vampire Academy"

Ugh me too!! I would love to go to the Gallagher Academy and basically have Cammie's life (from being a spy to dating Zach Goode...)

message 32: by Laura (new)

Laura | 168 comments maybe narnia

message 33: by Gouri (new)

Gouri (gourianil) | 14 comments Narnia and Harry Potter..and Percy Jackson too..maybe Divergent..I could be in Erudite :)

message 34: by Isabella (new)

Isabella (isabellabellab) Probably harry potter but after the books took place. I'm not interested in being afraid all the time I just want to be a regular hogwarts student and maybe getting to know Harry's children :)

message 35: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (originally_elle) | 250 comments Definitely Harry Potter
or maybe the Blue Blood series

message 36: by Amy (new)

Amy | 16 comments The Secret Garden would be my first pick, then maybe Narnia (only if Aslan was there too lol)

message 37: by Andreea (new)

Andreea | 55 comments Definetly Harry Potter...but only if I was a witch and I could go to Hogwarts..Also I would like to live in Narnia as a princess or like a talking animal...

message 38: by Bárbara (new)

Bárbara Ventura (bventura) Harry Potter, for sure!

message 39: by Mary (new)

Mary Acuña (maryecaa) | 24 comments Definitely not The Hunger Games...

Probably The Mortal Instrments. I'd like to know how being a shadowhunter feels. Also, Divergent. And and and I wanna try out the realms in Under the Never Sky!

message 40: by Shayna (new)

Shayna Varadeaux (ShaeAnn77) | 99 comments Vampire Academy

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, the most obvious choice for me is Harry Potter. Just think of all the magic and potions you can discover, not to mention Quidditch. I would love to be a witch and get sorted in Hufflepuff!

The only book I don't want to live in is the Hunger Games. Let's face it, as brilliant the story/book is. Would you like to live in a world where children kill each other to survive inside the arena? Not to mention the possibility you would get reaped into the Games.

message 42: by Sarah (new)

Sarah McMillan | 111 comments Well 1st choice would have to be Pride and Prejudice but only if I wound up with Mr. Darcy.

2nd choice would be the steampunk chroicles if I could live with Griffin or Jack.

3rd choice, Beauty and the Beast because let's face it who wouldn't want Belle's library!

message 43: by Christian (new)

Christian Maria Morgan I know! It's my dream. :)

message 44: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Perry | 229 comments LEVEN THUMPS, HARRY POTTER, and THE DARK HUNTERS SERIES

message 45: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 02, 2013 07:36PM) (new)

HARRY POTTER AND VAMPIRE ACADEMY SERIES
DIVERGENT
THE TMI AND TID SERIES TOO

message 46: by Joanie (new)

Joanie Dugan (thealaskanyoung) Uhh, Harry Potter obviously. Who wouldn't?

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Hp has the most replies :-). Yes

message 48: by Brad Jae (new)

Brad Jae | 11 comments either the Hardy Boy's mystery series/ Nancy Drew mystery stories ...just think about all the different people you will encounter while trying to solve a mystery.

message 49: by Archana (new)

Archana (silverfish30) Hogwarts any day!
it would be magical :-)

message 50: by B.R. (new)

B.R. Crichton (brcrichton) Craig wrote: "I would love to live on Terry Pratchetts Discworld, so many interesting people to meet!"

But so many unexpected and interesting ways to die!

« previous 1