Heathens, Pagans and Witches discussion

Hounded (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Hounded
Group Reads > Hounded

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nell (new) - added it

Nell Grey (nellgrey) | 1682 comments This is the thread for discussion of the fiction choice for June/July: Hounded by Kevin Hearne. Hoping to have time to read this one too.

Faith Freewoman (faithfreewoman) I read this a few weeks ago, and loved it! And I understand the later books are way, way better. I'm looking forward t this discussion.

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan Fox | 22 comments I have just downloaded this story onto my kindle, but am a little behind on where the rest of you lovely people are. I have just finished reading my imaginary life by nell, and have started the golden web. Hounded sounds like it will be quite entertains though.
Bright blessings
Megan

message 4: by Nell (new) - added it

Nell Grey (nellgrey) | 1682 comments Hi Megan. There's probably no great hurry, as the current fiction and non-fiction choices have until August before being replaced, so there's lots of time to finish The Golden Web ~ Three Magic Women.

Hope you enjoyed My Imaginary Life:)

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan Fox | 22 comments Hi nell, I really enjoyed "my imaginary life", the golden web is wonderful also. Thank you for writing such fantastic books.
Megan

Heidi (pixel) | 4 comments Hey - new here - does the discussion officially kick off at the end of the month, or do we just jump in at any time?
Thanks!
Heidi

message 7: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) Jump in anytime, being careful to use the < spoiler > code.

message 8: by Heidi (last edited Jun 20, 2013 10:59AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Heidi (pixel) | 4 comments Ok, thanks! I don't think my comments so far have spoilers.

I'm about 1/3 of the way through and really enjoying Hounded. There's something about the way the Atticus describes his abilities, magical items, and combat that is very reminiscent of gaming (tabletop/D&D style, not electronic/computer style). I wonder if the author is a gamer? At any rate, that makes the book even more fun for me. I'm also really enjoying his relationship with his wolfhound. I can't wait to get home and read more tonight!

After I plant a few more perennials in the garden. But then - READING!

message 9: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) Hello Heidi: Please post your introduction in the appropriate introductory thread, here, as we like to keep threads/discussions on point as much as possible.

Heidi (pixel) | 4 comments Ok, I deleted the intro material from my last post.

Heidi (pixel) | 4 comments So did anyone else read the book? I thought it was pretty fun. I liked that the 2100-year-old hero wasn't all angsty about his long life. I wish the women characters were more fleshed out.

message 12: by Nell (new) - added it

Nell Grey (nellgrey) | 1682 comments I really meant to read this one, but seem to have got caught up with other stuff again. Fiction is always a bit of an effort to start - I'm far more comfortable with non-fiction. There's still time though - it's only the 5th and we have the rest of the month.

message 13: by Megan (new)

Megan Fox | 22 comments I have read hounded, I thought it was great. Lots of fun, exciting also. I got through it in a little under a week. I am definitely interested in reading more of the authors books.

Michael Emerald | 37 comments I want to thank whoever picked this book. I haven't enjoyed a book this much since when I was eleven, reading the Andromeda Strain in my grandfather's laundromat. (Alas, I know he didn't pick this one).