Speaker Geeks! discussion

Law/Policy Debates > Anonymity on the Internet: Yay or Nay?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 2483 comments maybe some people use it to be monsters. But Ruth Erskine ain't my real name. I don't think I'm being mean on here, but if I am please let me know so I can stop whatever it is I'm doing.

message 2: by Maddison (new)

Maddison (Brainyboots) | 463 comments okay so this is the crazy part of it. I like the anonymity on the internet because then I am not tracked by people (view spoiler) that personally I wouldn't want tracking my name and using it for any purposes but that is just me.......

message 3: by Evan (new)

Evan (sampsom) | 578 comments Although we claim to have anonymity on the Internet everything we say can be found even if we use a false name. For example in the U.K a politician was falsely accused on twitter of being a pedophile, many of these people used false names but due to the digital print they left behind they could still be found out. Through tracking the IP address many were facing the possibility of being sued for the false allegations. They thought they were safe by using a false name but it turns out your not that safe. Of course it was the police who looked into this. Also under propositions made such as S.O.P.A (stop online piracy act) although it would be good and stop piracy it could well threaten our privacy and anonymity on the Internet!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah, i dont think it will make a difference.

message 5: by Faye (new)

Faye (asdfayeiouvwxyz) | 269 comments Well it depends. If your anonymity is causing (or will cause) harm then it's a not good.