Terminalcoffee discussion

General Fuckery > Combination activities?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
Right now I'm eating bean soup and computering. My daughter is watching Aristocats and decorating the basement play area.

I can not, however eat bean soup and look at meatus pictures. The two do not mesh.

What activities do you do in combination with one another? Any that can not overlap, Venn style?

message 2: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24099 comments Mod
It's impossible to be on the computer and knit. I also have difficulty showering and reading. However, it's simplest to shower and clean the bathroom window at the same time.

message 3: by evie (new)

evie (ecie) | 4258 comments How long since you've cleaned the bathroom window, LG?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Awhile.

message 5: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Is "awhile" a word like "alot?"

message 6: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

No. I don't think alot is really a word, is it? You're supposed to write "a lot."

message 7: by evie (new)

evie (ecie) | 4258 comments I could clean my bathroom window when I'm showering, but I don't. I shave my legs, armpits, and If I am alone in the house then I will sing too.

message 8: by Sally, la reina (new)

I also like to rewatch movies while grading. I like to read the paper while eating cereal, but who doesn't?

message 9: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

You can't not read while you eat cereal. It's physically impossible. I usually read something heavy, like literary criticism.

message 10: by Sally, la reina (new)

I splash milk all over tarnation when I eat cereal so I can't do anything other than disposable reading material.

message 11: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I'm a fastidious cereal eater.

message 12: by Sally, la reina (new)

I can only imagine.

message 13: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I'm a fascist serial eater.

message 14: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments I use the newspaper for art projects.

message 15: by evie (new)

evie (ecie) | 4258 comments I use it as a placemat for my cats' bowls. One of them is a real slob.

message 16: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11617 comments Félix wrote: "I'm a fascist serial eater."

You eat one fascist after another?

message 17: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I plead the fifth.

message 18: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments I can pat my head and rub my tummy whilst chewing gum, whistling the rocky theme and doing the river dance

message 19: by Sally, la reina (new)

You can't do the river dance, Kevin.

message 20: by Zen (new)

Zen (zentea) | 515 comments You can't take photographs and enjoy life at the same time. The very act of staring at a screen to take a pic makes what you see through your small "tv" just a little bit surreal.... (Except if you have an older and/or superfancy camera and can still peer through the viewfinder).

message 21: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments what if i can? what if i can michael flatley my arse like my hair (metaphorically) was on fire? huh? there's more than a few things you goobs don't know about ol kev

message 22: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments All I want to know is why you don't have Lord of the Dance in grey italics next to your name?

message 23: by Laurin (new)

Laurin (laurinlooloo) | 1867 comments I can't drive without listening to music or an audiobook. I don't know how people drove in the olden days before car stereos.

message 24: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

They sang.

"This land is your land, this land is my land...."

message 25: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) "99 bottles of beer on the wall . . ."

message 26: by Laurin (new)

Laurin (laurinlooloo) | 1867 comments Thank goodness for XM radio.

message 27: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i've thought about that too laurin. so you're taking your family to california. in a conestoga wagon. you have approx. 6-8 months of drive time with no radio and only about 4% of the songs we have now have even been written to sing. after about 36 hours of the game when you say "i spy with my little eye..." everyone else screams "CACTUS!!!"

message 28: by Laurin (new)

Laurin (laurinlooloo) | 1867 comments Kevin wrote: "i've thought about that too laurin. so you're taking your family to california. in a conestoga wagon. you have approx. 6-8 months of drive time with no radio and only about 4% of the songs we have ..."

I don't know how they didn't kill each other!

message 29: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments right. that prob did happen. and if you were traveling with the donner party there was no evidence.

message 30: by Laurin (new)

Laurin (laurinlooloo) | 1867 comments Oh, Johnny died of.... typhus. Yeah, typhus.

message 31: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments ^^^ and THAT is why i think laurin is so cool

message 32: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments she got an obscure oregan trail reference

message 33: by Laurin (new)

Laurin (laurinlooloo) | 1867 comments Kevin wrote: "she got an obscure oregan trail reference"

We played The Oregon Trail game in elementary school. It was the highlight of the week.

message 34: by Laurin (new)

Laurin (laurinlooloo) | 1867 comments Kevin wrote: "^^^ and THAT is why i think laurin is so cool"

:)

message 35: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11617 comments The Donner party is obscure? Shit, I'm old.

message 36: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments Laurin wrote: "Kevin wrote: "she got an obscure oregan trail reference"

We played The Oregon Trail game in elementary school. It was the highlight of the week."

That sounds like a frightening game to play in elementary.

message 37: by Laurin (new)

Laurin (laurinlooloo) | 1867 comments Susan wrote: "Laurin wrote: "Kevin wrote: "she got an obscure oregan trail reference"

We played The Oregon Trail game in elementary school. It was the highlight of the week."

That sounds like a frightening ga..."

It was the best!

message 38: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments was it like operation where you had to pull body parts off to eat without making the buzzer sound?

message 39: by Laurin (new)

Laurin (laurinlooloo) | 1867 comments Kevin wrote: "was it like operation where you had to pull body parts off to eat without making the buzzer sound?"

I don't know about that. But I do remember having lots of people in the party die from typhus and other things like that. Typhus is a bitch.

message 40: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments To eat or to not eat your classmate who has died of typhus? That is the question.

I think I was robbed of higher education.

message 41: by Laurin (new)

Laurin (laurinlooloo) | 1867 comments Susan wrote: "To eat or to not eat your classmate who has died of typhus? That is the question.

I think I was robbed of higher education."

I don't even remember what tie-in it had to education. I think it might have been a part of the computer classes we had.

message 42: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) We played text-driven Lemonade Stand on an Apple II.

message 43: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments Bahaha! I remember something similar to that, Misha!

And Mavis Beacon but much later and after I had a typewriter class complete with paper taped to the machine so you could not look at the keys to type.

message 44: by Laurin (new)

Laurin (laurinlooloo) | 1867 comments Susan wrote: "Bahaha! I remember something similar to that, Misha!

And Mavis Beacon but much later and after I had a typewriter class complete with paper taped to the machine so you could not look at the keys ..."

My dad and I tease my mom about her "humpty fingers" - she still types like you would on a typewriter, not a computer.

message 45: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7073 comments My daughter Madeline was invited to an elaborate birthday party once and they re-enacted the Oregon Trail in a wooded city park. They had props, costumes, the works. It took all that I had not to join in. But the kid's parents kind of drove my nuts, so I left them to it. Great 10-year-old party, though.

message 46: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments That sounds really great.

message 47: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) In the Tri-Cities, members of one of the local LDS churches re-enact the Mormon Trail once every year. It's pretty interesting, even though no cannibalism is involved. One of my former paper's photographers wrote a nice feature on it last year.

message 48: by Phil (last edited Jun 04, 2013 04:16PM) (new)

Phil | 11617 comments They do the mormon trail thing here every year, and multiple times per year. The girls put on those ugly dresses and the boys wear jeans and long sleeved plaid shirts. Hell, they look just like modern day polygamists. Then they push those miserable handcarts from one place to another for the day, and call it done.

Never heard of handcart pioneers? Get a taste here.

message 49: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) Interesting read. Yeah, none of that stuff is in the version the LDS church tells. I wonder if those kids even know this side of the story?

message 50: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

They were cannibals at Jamestown too. They found the dinner knife marks on some poor teen girl's bones.

In Alive, a husband and wife were on the plane and I think the wife died, and some of the others buried all the bodies in the snow so they wouldn't know whose body was being cut from, so the husband wouldn't know if or when he was eating his wife.

« previous 1