Paranormal Creatures discussion

The Rift (Vessel of Souls, #1)
This topic is about The Rift
Past BOTM's > Questions (June 2013)

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

If you have any questions about the book, I can answer them here :)

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) Okay, I have a question
(view spoiler)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Sent the answer in a pm because I don't remember how to hide spoilers :P

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) Am I the only one reading this?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I think at the moment, yes. I know most of the members have downloaded it though. Hopefully more people join us in the discussions

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Well I am going to add my own question/ answer that seemed to be a popular one.
Where did I get the name for the character of Jesse?
Answer: Jesse McCartney the singer. I adore him and his music and this was my own little tribute to him.
(Also the character's full name is Jesse Gabriel Reynolds, just an fyi)

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) awwww!! I want to ask you some questions, but they are like real spoiler questions.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

use that spoiler tool and I'll answer them ;)

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) (view spoiler)

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) How did you come up with a character like Joshua? I love him he is so cool!

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) No, no, no, no... Is it who I think it is?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok; this is a spoiler for book 2, but it's not too big in the grand scheme of the book.
(view spoiler)

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) OMG that is sooo cool!!! Okay, I am finding some quotes for you!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Joshua is my masterpiece :) Several spoilers so I will hide it (view spoiler)

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) I like it! Joshua was like one of my fav characters.

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) awww I still don't have anyone to talk to about the book? ? Where is everyone?

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know :P There are three or four members reading it now though so we should have some more people to talk to soon.

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) I hope so! Hurry up people... Is it crazy that I read the book in one day? LOL

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha, I always do that to. I take a day or two to read it and I have to wait for everyone else.

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) I hate that LOL: thank you for the banner. I like it!

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) ughhh!!!!!!! Dying over here. I'll be a old lady before everyone finishes this book. :-)

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol. I agree... But I guess everyone reads at their own pace. Maybe I should send out a group message to see how everyone is doing on it. What do you think?

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!! :-)

Katie (katieh_96) This isn't actually a question, but I'm enjoying reading it so far!

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) Where are you in the book?

Kaine Andrews (kaineandrews) | 75 comments I've been working my way through it. Health, time and computer issues have prevented me from getting as far as I otherwise might have, but I made it to the 1/3rd mark!

Interesting premise, and I'm curious to see how it washes out. Enjoyable so far, with some amusing quotes. ("I saw my relationship status was single" cracked me up far longer than it should have, I suspect.) Curious to see if certain things that I suspect will pan out by the end... hmm.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Katie wrote: "This isn't actually a question, but I'm enjoying reading it so far!"

glad to see you like it :)

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Kaine wrote: "I've been working my way through it. Health, time and computer issues have prevented me from getting as far as I otherwise might have, but I made it to the 1/3rd mark!

Interesting premise, and I'm..."

I think that was pretty funny. I guess that having been a teenage girl, that would be very important to know if you didn't remember anything.

Justin (justinbienvenue) Im still currently reading it so my question will be simple. How were you able to throw so many plots and unanswered questions in the beginning and not confuse yourself? I would have confused the heck out of myself! haha.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

A whole hell of a lot of notes to self and papers explaining to myself what in the world I was writing. I had to go back quite a few times to read those notes and write new ones to keep track of all of it. I think my mind thinks very confusingly to begin with so it is natural that I would make the book so twisty and filled with so many unanswered questions and random plots.

Justin (justinbienvenue) Why do they take planes, trains and ferrys to get from place to place? I mean I like that it's realistic but I mean their angels you know? I would think they'd be able to fly or teleport or something haha.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

They can "teleport" so to speak. They call it world hopping. It's where they go into the City of Chaos and then leave it from anywhere to get anywhere on Earth but since it's like Heaven's main transportation system, it is easily traceable and obviously Joshua doesn't want to be tracked. Joshua can't really fly very far because of how damaged his wings are so really the only one in the little group who would be able to fly is Jesse and that would be pretty much useless since Joshua doesn't even want Jesse there to begin with. The transportation gets a little more advanced in the second book since there isn't as much worry about being tracked. It is also explained a little more in depth

Justin (justinbienvenue) Oh okay, that makes sense. very good.