Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
This topic is about I Am Number Four
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1) by Pittacus Lore → Start Date: June 25th, 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ally (arhart) | 443 comments Hi everyone! We're reading I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore on the 25th. Feel free to join us!!

Ally (arhart) | 443 comments Oh, and I just realized that my high school graduation is that day so I may read that day's (and the day after's) "chunks" a little earlier because those two days are a bit hectic for me.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Do you need to move it Ally? Dont' want you to worry about a book with a great thing like Graduation happening! Congrats, btw!

Ally (arhart) | 443 comments No, I'll be fine! I don't have school at all because I'm exempt from finals, so I'll have some downtime. And I've been waiting so long to read this LOL

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Excellent! Well, congrats again on finishing up your senior year! :-) My daughter will be a junior in the fall. It goes soooooo fast. Ok, I'll shut up now! LOL

Ally (arhart) | 443 comments Thank you! It really does go by fast. I'm hoping college doesn't go by this quickly as well, but I feel like it will be faster D: Good luck to your daughter next year though, being a junior is brutal with the workload, SATs, colleges and all :p

Yoly | 696 comments Congratulations Ally!!!

I will read this book too. I want to read or from long time ago.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Yay Yoly! The more the merrier! :-)

message 9: by Gino (new)

Gino Alfonso | 189 comments I tried to read, but liked the movie better... Let me know what the next book is please.

message 10: by Brooke (new)

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) I've wanted to read this for a while and congratulations on graduating :)

message 11: by Niámh (new) - added it

Niámh | 192 comments Cant wait to read this

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I'm going to join you guys on The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2) by Pittacus Lore if you continue the series

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Excellent Beatrice! I have so much good reading lined up. I'm over committed but I don't care - I don't want to miss any of these great books! lol.

message 14: by Ally (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ally (arhart) | 443 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Excellent Beatrice! I have so much good reading lined up. I'm over committed but I don't care - I don't want to miss any of these great books! lol."

Exactly! There are just TOO many books. Oh well!

message 15: by Yoly (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yoly | 696 comments That's right and I try to read more and is just like I read one book bit I found 3 or 4 more that I want to read, so the "to read list" just keep growing up

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) After finishing a book it's hard to choose what to read next, there are lots of good books out there.

message 17: by Ally (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ally (arhart) | 443 comments The worst is when you're really booked up on buddy reads and then you read them but they're part of a series and you're dying to read the next one but you have like three more buddy reads in a row and physically can't fit it in. #readingproblems

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ally wrote: "The worst is when you're really booked up on buddy reads and then you read them but they're part of a series and you're dying to read the next one but you have like three more buddy reads in a row ..."

Exactly Ally. I'm going to say "reading probs" to my 16 yo and have her roll her eyes at me! LOL. She says "swimmer probs" all the time when her joints ache, lol!

message 19: by Ally (last edited Jun 24, 2013 03:20PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ally (arhart) | 443 comments Hi guys!! What are we thinking? Every five chapters or should we split it up formally? And Kathryn, we'll let you know! ;)

message 20: by Yoly (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yoly | 696 comments I think 5 chapters is ok :)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Sounds good to me too!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Happy Graduation Ally! Enjoy your special day!!!!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Totally loving this so far! So unique!!!!

message 24: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I loved this one! Let me know if you buddy read the second one because I will definitely join:)

message 25: by Yoly (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yoly | 696 comments Congratulations Ally!!!!

I finish chapter 5 is very entertained until now, is funny but is like a movie. Is like I'm "reading a movie". That makes sense?

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Yoly wrote: "Congratulations Ally!!!!

I finish chapter 5 is very entertained until now, is funny but is like a movie. Is like I'm "reading a movie". That makes sense?"

Yup Yoly, it sure does. I like it quite a bit myself and I love the way you put it about "reading a movie".

Can't wait to keep going!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Hey Ally, when you get on here next you need to move this the "currently reading" folder hon! :-)

message 28: by Ally (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ally (arhart) | 443 comments Hi guys! And thank you for the congratulations!

I finished Chapter Five as well. I love the way you phrased that as well, Yoly - it IS like reading a movie! The language is conversational and the writing is filled with imagery. Considering how popular the movie for this book is, I'm really excited to watch it after!

Some thoughts:
(view spoiler)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I loved all your spoiler points Ally! I'm a bit worried about Henri as well. Can't wait to see how it all progresses. So glad we are reading this!

message 30: by Becky (last edited Jun 27, 2013 09:42AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ok, I absolutely HATE being confused! Has anyone else reached page 84 in chapter 8 yet?

(view spoiler)

Um, btw, I LOVE this book!

message 31: by Yoly (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yoly | 696 comments Im worry about Henry too.

I´m in chapter 15.

I found this in wikipedia: Lorien Legacies is a series of young adult science fiction books, written by James Frey and Jobie Hughes under the collective pseudonym Pittacus Lore.

(view spoiler)

I just here in my bed and turned on the TV and the movie "I am number 4" is on the air. I love both the book and I have so much curiosity that I think I will see, or maybe not. I dont know :S

message 32: by Yoly (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yoly | 696 comments I decided not see the movie :)

message 33: by Becky (last edited Jun 28, 2013 06:41AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Yoly wrote: "Im worry about Henry too.

I´m in chapter 15.

I found this in wikipedia: Lorien Legacies is a series of young adult science fiction books, written by James Frey and Jobie Hughes under the collecti..."

And, thanks for the info on the Author - it was bugging the crap out of me!
OMG I so agree on the spoiler! I was saying over and over last night as I was reading that (view spoiler)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Anyone else making progress? I am on page 180 now. It's getting kinda intense!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I'm soooooooo worried about Henri right now. I had to put it down, I'm almost sick to my stomach with anxiety! Silly I know - but that's why I love reading!

message 36: by Yoly (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yoly | 696 comments I just finish yesterday, but I'm in my phone and I can't hide the spoilers. So tonight I will write my thoughts from my computer.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ok ppl, I'm freaking out over here! holy moly! ack!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Well, I'm not sure what everyone else thought but, WOW! (view spoiler) But I loved it.

I'm definitely continuing on with the series. Let me know if any of you want to join me!

message 39: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Well, I'm not sure what everyone else thought but, WOW! [spoilers removed] But I loved it.

I'm definitely continuing on with the series. Let me know if any of you want to join me!"

I read this last year and loved it! Forget some things but I'll definitely read the next one with you! Want to set a date?

message 40: by Becky (last edited Jun 30, 2013 03:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Sure, absolutely. I'm good for the week of the 22nd... I think I set something for that day, so how about the 24th?

Of july, btw. LOLOLOL

message 41: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments That's perfect! :) YAY! You want to make the thread or me?

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments You please. I'm on my phone.... thx!

message 43: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Okay, you're welcome!

message 45: by Yoly (last edited Jun 30, 2013 07:55PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yoly | 696 comments Im here!! (view spoiler)

message 46: by Yoly (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yoly | 696 comments Beatrice wrote: "I'm going to join you guys on The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2) by Pittacus Lore if you continue the series"

We are going to read it :)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Yoly wrote: "Im here!! I was expecting what happened with Henry, so I didn't feel so sad. But I almost died when Bernie was fighting, I thought that he was going to die :(

But at the end he was ok :)

I loooo..."

I'm glad you weren't as sad as me! And I agree with all your other points. I LOVE Sarah too. And Mark actually grew on me too!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Beatrice wrote: "I'm going to join you guys on The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2) by Pittacus Lore if you continue the series"

I see you found the link and all. So yay! Can't wait, and I do hope you like it better than you did this one, B.

message 49: by Ally (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ally (arhart) | 443 comments Sorry, I'm taking a really long time on this one! I'll be done soon - promise!

message 50: by Becky (last edited Jul 01, 2013 03:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Take your time. There are no time limits! Enjoy it!