Beyond Reality discussion

Steal Across the Sky
This topic is about Steal Across the Sky
Previous BotM--DISCUSSIONS > STEAL ACROSS THE SKY: Roll Call and Initial Impressions

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nick (doily) | 966 comments Please let us know if you are planning to read, have read, or are reading Steal Across the Sky by Nancy Kress.

PLEASE! NO SPOILERS!!!

message 2: by Stuart (new)

Stuart (asfus) | 136 comments May read.

Daniel (dward526) I have this on being held at my local library. I have read it years ago and I remember enjoying it then. I look forward to reading it again

message 4: by Random (last edited May 31, 2013 11:57AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Random (rand0m1s) | 809 comments I should be able to finish today or tomorrow. Its a bit different than I imagined, but I'm enjoying it.

Candiss (tantara) | 1207 comments I'm about 1/3 of the way through this right now. It's interesting, but it's definitely not what I was expecting, either.

message 6: by Shel, Moderator (new)

Shel (shel99) | 2150 comments Mod
I would like to read it at some point, but haven't managed to get my hands on it yet.

Marty (martyjm) | 310 comments I've read 30% according to my kindle. I wasn't sure what o expect, i like her Sleepless stuff. I'm not sure where it is going but i want o find out.

Edward Butler | 19 comments Nick wrote: "Please let us know if you are planning to read, have read, or are reading Steal Across the Sky by Nancy Kress.

PLEASE! NO SPOILERS!!!"

I'm reading it now, about 60 pages in. I'm not wild about it so far, but the pages turn.

Kammera | 25 comments Just purchased it on my kindle for iPad! Can't wait to start it!

message 10: by Jim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jim Mcclanahan (clovis-man) | 480 comments Different than most everything else I've read by her. I'll reserve further comment for the spoiler section.

Kammera | 25 comments On page 162 of my kindle. Not too bad so far but not exactly nail biting either. The jump between characters and events, has made me feel that rather than being really drawn into the story as a participant , I am more as an outside observer. A little odd the way the story iis written. But i like the writing and I am still interested in finding out the whole mystery of the deleted genes in human DNA.

message 12: by Nick (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nick (doily) | 966 comments Agree with Jim and Kammera. I tried not to expect anything. But still, it's not at all what I was expecting.

message 13: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (sisimka) I only vaguely remember reading Beggars in Spain. I do remember I wasn't blown away, though. I didn't add Nancy Kress to a must read list. I have since read a few of her short stories, which I liked. 'Sleeping Dogs' stands out in my memory.

After glancing at the comments in the finished reading thread, I think I'll give this one a miss. Not sure I've the patience for it.