PrintSF discussion

So now that we have a group what do we want to do with it?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colin (new)

Colin Gerber (cmgerber) | 5 comments I think it was a great idea to make a group for PrintSF. Now that we have it what type of content would it make sense to have here opposed to /r/PrintSF?

message 2: by Brian (new)

Brian | 1 comments A suggested reading shelf. Discussions for popular books. A shelf for new books worth reading, stuff like that.

message 3: by Readhead (last edited May 31, 2013 02:49PM) (new)

Readhead (miche124) A "What are you reading" thread, with comments about the experience of reading them (was it a slog?)or input (oh, I loved that one!)

message 4: by Ken (new)

Ken (kenzen) | 7 comments @Readhead: Do you mean a thread where we, for the lack of a better word, review books? And other people, oh, I don't know, comment on the reviews? Ah, but I kid. I think it would be nice to, hopefully, get more comments then my reviews usually get. Might make me write longer ones.

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie | 2 comments I say we wing it.

message 6: by Cory (new)

Cory (12coryt) | 3 comments Suggested reading thread/shelf would be excellent.

message 7: by Joner (new)

Joner | 4 comments I wouldn't mind seeing a book of the month type feature.. basically a book club, but I'd be ok with that.

message 8: by Ed (new)

Ed Lerner (codetheinternet) | 3 comments Hard to say. This thread hasn't been updated in three years. Looking at all time top threads for the sub, they consist of authors deaths and outside references to print SF books and authors (SpaceX ship naming, film/tv adaptations, author interviews), all of which do not make sense here. So it's a matter of what we WANT it to be for.

Recommendations, book giveaways, book sales, and new releases seem more in line for this site/app.