Nora Roberts Groupies discussion

Book Discussions > Gallaghers of Ardmore

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jenjn79 (new)

jenjn79 | 290 comments Mod
Summary: The three Gallagher siblings - all musically inclined - must find and accept love in order to free a pair of supernatural lovers.

1. Jewels of the Sun
2. Tears of the Moon
3. Heart of the Sea

** this series is mildly paranormal

Nora Roberts

Jewels of the Sun (Gallaghers of Ardmore / Irish trilogy #1) by Nora Roberts Tears of the Moon (Gallaghers of Ardmore / Irish trilogy #2) by Nora Roberts Heart of the Sea (Gallaghers of Ardmore / Irish trilogy #3) by Nora Roberts

message 2: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) The first two were good, but the third was was 'meh' to me. I couldn't warm up to Darcy.

message 3: by Teryl (new)

Teryl I loved them all, but I loved Aiden and Jude's story the best.

message 4: by jenjn79 (new)

I with you on Darcy, Kim. I loved the first two books, but Darcy and the storyline in the 3rd didn't really do much for me. I didn't enjoy how she was so keen to get out into the world and whatnot. I'm a homebody, so that kind of storyline doesn't work for me.

message 5: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) She was just so pushy and in your face. I guess I can't love them all!

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily (imabrooks2) | 81 comments I agree with you guys. I liked Aiden and Shawn but Darcy came off as selfish and grasping to me. Even though Nora tried to explain her "attitude" away it didn't fly for me. I can understand wanting to get out in teh world but not using other people to get you there. I just wasn't impressed with her. I loved the whole sotry and the other charecters though.

message 7: by Holli (new)

Holli I had a hard time with the 3rd book too...the first two were wonderful!

message 8: by Jess (new)

Jess | 54 comments I agree with Darcy being a little in your face. But most of the time I was a little irritated with her. She kept getting mad at Trevor for thinking she was a gold digger and such, when half the time she said that's what she was lol.

But I loved the first 2. So great!

message 9: by Kerry (new)

Kerry (rocalisa) I agree with the comments about Darcy, but my other problem was the way it ended. We got Trevor and Darcy's happy ending and bang, it finished. We'd had so much in all three books about the family singing and then building the theatre and that whole point just got abandoned. I would have really liked an epilogue of the opening of the theatre to give cosure to that aspect of the series.

message 10: by Jess (new)

Jess | 54 comments I agree with that! I almost feel like she's going to do what she did with the Chesapeake series and make it into a saga lol. I could do with another book added on to finish the story. What happens with the theater? what happens with Darcy's singing career? etc...

message 11: by jenjn79 (new)

There is a short Christmas story with the Gallaghers.

And in the Chesapeake Bay series, Darcy gets a passing mention when Seth & Dru hear her on the radio.

message 12: by Kerry (new)

Kerry (rocalisa) Isis FG wrote: "There is a short Christmas story with the Gallaghers.

And in the Chesapeake Bay series, Darcy gets a passing mention when Seth & Dru hear her on the radio."

Where can one find the Christmas story?

And I don't remember that bit in the Chesapeake books, so thanks. I'll keep any eye out if/when I reread it.

message 13: by jenjn79 (new)

The short story is here. (Chesapeake series Christmas story is here)

The Darcy mention is in Chesapeake Blue...it's a very small mention and easy to miss.

message 14: by Emily (new)

Emily (imabrooks2) | 81 comments Isis FG wrote: "The short story is here. (Chesapeake series Christmas story is here)

The Darcy mention is in Chesapeake Blue...it's a very small mention and easy to miss."

I didn't see it until like the 4th time I read the books. but its fun when you do notice because it ties the two books together just a little.

message 15: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) Isis FG wrote: "The short story is here. (Chesapeake series Christmas story is here)

The Darcy mention is in Chesapeake Blue...it's a very small mention and easy to miss."

The chrismas story is cute; its Seth's first christmas with them.

message 16: by Jess (new)

Jess | 54 comments Aww I just read the Gallagher's Christmas. Now I feel a little better that some of the loose ends were tied up. Yay, it ended with a happily ever after :)

message 17: by Emily (new)

Emily (imabrooks2) | 81 comments Me too Jess. I felt better about the end of the series after I read that.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I am reading the 2nd one

message 19: by Yz the Whyz (last edited Jun 22, 2010 07:29AM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 13 comments I just finished listening to this trilogy, and as usual, Nora delivers.

I do agree with most of you guys. Darcy was a little hard for me to take. Even though she was written well, there is just something about someone beautiful and talented with an overloaded sense of entitlement and grasping mercenary tendencies that just irritated me.

Also I wish the wrap-up of Gwen and Carrick's love affair was more than just them flying off to the sunset.

message 20: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ | 283 comments I agree with Yz. There should have been more to read about Gwen and Carrick's happy ending.

message 21: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 58 comments Yz,

I just finished reading it as well. I really loved it!!
Oddly enough, Darcy didn't bother me that much. The money thing was part of the conflict between her and Trevor, and I so admire people who know what they want. Of course, a lust for money in itself does not ever seem to turn out right, but Darcy had other aspects to her personality as well. And in the end, the money was more icing on the cake for her; it wasn't a requirement once she really fell in love with Trevor.

But with that being said, I still enjoyed the 1st two better. And I also agree about the ending. The Christmas story was nice, but still it wasn't long enough, and again, they didn't get to talk to the faeries again, to at least have thank you's all around. Okay, I'm just bitching now. I guess I just didn't want the story to end. I had the same problem with the Three sisters Island Trilogy.

message 22: by Yz the Whyz (last edited Jun 25, 2010 06:59AM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 13 comments @Vanessa

Darcy was a well-drawn character in my opinion. I'm very aware while listening to the book that my issues with her is because of my own 'hang-ups' so to speak, not a flaw in the way she was written. :) Nora Roberts still made her a believable heroine.

Again another great trilogy.

message 23: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 58 comments Hi Yz,

I totally understand what you're saying. I was a little put off by her too at first. She was kind of a confusing character at times, even in the last book, but she redeemed herself in the end.

message 24: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 41 comments I just finished Aiden and Jude's story and i loved it! I fell inlove with Aiden's character, and how Jude just seemed to blossem when she came to Ireland. Nora Roberts told a romantic story again, and of course included some fairy prince to touch my heart. I love the description she gives of the beautiful country as well. Can't wait to start Tears of the Moon tonight!

message 25: by Alexis-Morgan (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 15 comments The first was my favorite. I can't get into the trilogies. You'd think I would because of the contuining glimpses into the lives of characters you fell in love with but not so much.

I had a really hard time getting through the 3rd book. The second one was a little better. Aiden and Jude are my favorites!

message 26: by Corrie (new)

Corrie (cormak) | 4 comments I LOVE this series. Any of Nora's books with characters from Ireland are a huge love to me.

I'm currently reading Jewels of the Sun for the fourth time.

I also love Tears of the Sun.

I agree with you all that the third book was hard to like and get into. Darcy has not been my favorite character. Aidan and Shawn were so likable, (loved Brenna and Jude as well) but I just never connected with Darcy.

Love the holiday story she wrote and I certainly wouldn't mind if she wrote more about the Gallaghers from Ardmore. (about the children perhaps?)

message 27: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne | 36 comments Give me any of the Gallagher men any day. Aiden made me cry when Jude got her book and when she had her baby. The things he cooed to her in that dialect. Made me melt. Best of her trilogies I think

message 28: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6052 comments Mod
Oh, I fell I love with everything about this Trilogy. It ties with the Chesapeake Saga for being my most favorite. Aidan's my favorite Gallagher and I can't wait to visit Ireland.

message 29: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne | 36 comments are you really going there? How exciting for you.

message 30: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6052 comments Mod
It's on my wish list. I've been to England and Scotland. Hope to make the trip before the end of the year if things work out ok.

message 31: by Season (new)

Season Gonzales (lilmami) | 27 comments I loved all three books my favorite is Tears of the moon shawn was my favorite and brenna reminded me of myself

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Season wrote: "I loved all three books my favorite is Tears of the moon shawn was my favorite and brenna reminded me of myself"

Tears of the Moon is my favorite, too! I simply loved that couple. I was kinda muffled that they didn't appear much in Heart of the Sea.

message 33: by Talya (new)

Talya | 741 comments Mod
Shawn and Brenna are my favorites too. They just seemed to have the deepest connection and chemistry.
I related to Brenna the most of the ladies in the trilogy, I have a crazy lot in common with that character. And Shawn was so darn cute and sweet, yet smoldering and sexy at the same time.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Talya wrote: "Shawn and Brenna are my favorites too. They just seemed to have the deepest connection and chemistry.
And Shawn was so darn cute and sweet, yet smoldering and sexy at the same time."

I know, right? *deep sigh*
I think Shawn is my favorite No. 1 Nora guy.

message 35: by Dena (new)

Dena (auntiedena72) This is my fave trilogy I think. I've read it over and over again. My fave is Jewels of the Sun. The other 2 books were wonderful as well. But I just loved Adain and Judes story.