Doctor Who: The Library of Carsus discussion

The Needle (Audios) > We Need to Clean Up the Big Finish Audios!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Just what the title says. I've noticed that the Big Finish audio plays are in a bit of a mess when it comes to the titles. Some have this: "Big Finish Productions' Doctor Who Audio Adventures: Title of Play" while others have just the title of the play and nothing else. Other entries have something like: "Doctor Who: Title of Play (Monthly Series Vol. x, Audio CD)". And then there are a few more random ones with different things in different places.

What is most disconcerting about this is looking at some of the librarian change logs and seeing how different librarians are going back and forth, changing the title to the one they seem to think is 'right'. This is highly annoying, and it can make searching for a particular title somewhat difficult at times (not to mention how confusing it must appear to any DW audio newbies out there).

I propose that we try to come together and figure out a uniform titling scheme for all the Big Finish adventures. I'm a Goodreads librarian, so I'm willing to go through and make the changes, although any help from other librarians here would be much appreciated.

One of the more simple titles I've seen on Amazon is this: "Doctor Who: Title of Play (Big Finish Audio Drama)". What do you think of this? Or do we want something else? Personally, I'm quite flexible, so long as the titles in the series will eventually be uniform.

message 2: by Mary JL (new)

Mary JL (maryjl) | 64 comments Doctor Who (Title) (Big Finish Audio) works for me.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I've gotten started on the cleanup. I'll probably do a handful each day (since there's quite a few to go through at this point). I'm putting a librarian note in each entry referring them to this thread if they have any concerns or questions about this. Hopefully no one will be going in behind me to change the titles back again.

message 4: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 11 comments Oh, cheers. I've been going through adding/correcting cover art for some of the plays, and the title inconsistencies have been bugging me, but I wasn't really sure what we should standardize on. I'll try to correct a few myself.

message 5: by Leela4 (new)

Leela4 | 98 comments "Doctor Who: Title of Play (Big Finish Audio Drama)" is good. At aNobii we use "Title of Play (Doctor Who (Big Finish))" because with aNobii's format it's pretty obvious it's a CD.

message 6: by Lori S. (new)

Lori S. (fuzzipueo) | 605 comments Mod
It makes sense. Some times I have trouble finding titles too.