Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Deleted edition problem..."reviews" gone missing...

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jenjn79 (new)

jenjn79 | 565 comments I just went through and combined three editions of Dan Brown's upcoming sequel to The DaVinci Code - The Lost Symbol.

Two editions were blank editions added by others, and one was the new Amazon import. So I combined the three, then went through and deleted the 2 blank editions. And somehow, it looks like all but 2 people who had the book shelved disappeared. There should be a lot more people with that book shelved.

I looked at the edit log and it only shows that I deleted 1 edition, merging 45 reviews. It doesn't show that I deleted a second. I don't think I did anything wrong, just combined and deleted. Yet now instead of having 60+ people with the book shelved, there are only 2. I'm feeling kinda bad about that.

Should I email GR about it? Or just not worry about it?

message 2: by jenjn79 (new)

jenjn79 | 565 comments Hmm...well, that's weird. If I click on the "this edition" link in the reviews area on the remaining edition of The Lost Symbol, all the people pop back up. But when "All" is selected, only 2 show up. Very weird.

I checked a few of the users shelves just to make sure it was still shelved, and it is. They're just not showing up when viewing All reviews of the edition. Oh, and I tried the "refresh stats" link. that didn't help.

message 3: by Carolyn (last edited Apr 21, 2009 01:13PM) (new)

Carolyn (seeford) | 579 comments Sounds like a quirky little display bug. As long as it's still on everyone's shelves, I wouldn't worry about it...

Edit: I just went and looked at it (so I could put it on my TBR list = ), and seems like some of the differential comes from whether someone puts it on their GR tbr list, or on another shelf - they system seems to count the 'other shelf' ones as 'reviews', and not count the tbr list ones that way...

message 4: by jenjn79 (new)

jenjn79 | 565 comments It looks like it's back to normal now. When I just went to the book page, all the people with it shelved were showing instead of just the 2 I was getting this morning.

Must have been some weird caching thing.