What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Book about a walking talking pig who wears a hat??

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori (last edited Jan 20, 2008 06:09PM) (new)

Lori (tnbbc) Hey Everyone.
When I was in elementary school, I read a book series.. More independant reader than YA... and for the life of me, I cannot remember its' name.

It centers on this one pig. And all I can really recall is that he can walk on his back legs and he talks and i think he may wear a hat.

Could possibly start with a "P" but im just guessing. There were quite a few books for the series if I recall properly.

I know this isnt much, but I was hoping someone out there would know what I talking about....

message 2: by Lori (new)

Lori (tnbbc) hmmmm... its been a long time since ive seen the books, but something is telling me this might not be it. I am not sure the pig was a detective...

Any other mutli booked series on pigs out there?

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura (laurahogan) | 71 comments This probably isn't what you're referring to, but one of the Mrs. Piggle Wiggle series had a human-like pig named Lester. He walked on his hind legs and acted like a person, but didn't talk. I'm just throwing that one out because you mentioned the letter "P."

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori (tnbbc) I am just not sure. I think it MAY be Freddy... but when i look at the published dates, they are all from 2000+, unless that is the rerelease of them.... I read these back in the 80's....
It seems right, but doesnt FEEL right, if that makes any sense. The covers dont look like the ones i am remembering either.

Hmmmm..... Thank you all for helping me tho!

message 5: by Janet (new)

Janet | 78 comments The Freddy books were written between 1927 and 1958; very popular.

message 6: by Erica (new)

Erica Poole | 33 comments Yeah, the Freddy series was reprinted later by Woodstock Press if I am not mistaken, bought bunch of them for my dad.

message 7: by Cathy (last edited Apr 06, 2009 12:00PM) (new)

Cathy | 107 comments Could it be the Poppleton series? Poppleton walks on his hind legs and wears a bowler hat.

message 8: by Janie (new)

Janie (janiefey) | 19 comments It sounds like Hamilton from Maggie & The Ferocious beast.

message 9: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 146 comments Perhaps it is The Amazing Bone by William Steig - just one story but about a girl pig named Pearl (who wears a hat)and meets a talking bone who becomes her friend and (with magic) helps her out of a bad situation.

message 10: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) | 34 comments Jane Yolen wrote several picture books with a main character who is a pig named Piggins. I could have sworn he wore a hat, but now that I see the book cover again, I see that he is dressed to the nines as a butler, but without a hat:

Piggins (Voyager/Hbj Book) by Jane Yolen Picnic with Piggins (Voyager/Hbj Book) by Jane Yolen Piggins and the Royal Wedding by Jane Yolen

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 26761 comments Mod
Lori left the group. Moving to Abandoned.