The Citadel The Citadel discussion

For doctors!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Myintms3689 mon I haven't read this original "The Citadel" but I tried the one which is translated in our mother language, Burmese. It makes me enthusiastic to become a good doctor. So the ones who are medical students and who love rights should read this book.

message 2: by Alaa (last edited Aug 21, 2012 03:33PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alaa Zaghoul "The more you charge a patient , the more confidence he has in you!"...from the citadel -A.J.Cronin
This was the way that doctors -in the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20s century - used to think in treating people in UK but it was changed by one honest and well knowledged doctor , by the help of his two friends who were well qualified doctors and his wife ,who believes that patient's health is the goal not patients' pocket!
And as i see it is the same way as most of the doctors think now in the 21st century in Arab world ..... i hope this will change as it happened in UK, so as it happened once i believe that there is still a hope =)

Michele Brenton I loved this book when I read it many years ago. It was also a very good BBC television series starring Ben Cross. Part of the reason I love it so much is because it is set in Wales - my home country :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved this book also. My other favorite of his is Keys Of The Kingdom. I still have quite a few of his books. I think he is a good writer.

message 5: by Gopakumar (last edited Oct 01, 2012 01:57AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gopakumar Nair Linda wrote: "I loved this book also. My other favorite of his is Keys Of The Kingdom. I still have quite a few of his books. I think he is a good writer."
I rate Keys of the Kingdom as my all time favorite. Fr.Francis Chisholm reminds me of a priest whom I knew in my boyhood days.I consider him as one of the finest men born on earth.

Regina Myintms3689 wrote: "I haven't read this original "The Citadel" but I tried the one which is translated in our mother language, Burmese. It makes me enthusiastic to become a good doctor. So the ones who are medical s..."

Please persevere! There are a lot of excellent, caring physicians. I have shared this with medical students that I teach in the US.