The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hello!!

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (sammymarie) | 7 comments My name is Samantha and I am from Canada. OBVIOUSLY, I am a HUGE book fan. I will read anything, but I have a special place in my heart for historical books. I am always taking suggestions and accepting friends :) So if you're not a creeper...

message 2: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments Welcome to TNBBC Samantha! This is THE place for book fans. You'll surely get plenty of suggestions here and some very good recommendations.

message 3: by Soumya (new)

Soumya (soumyaprakash) | 1 comments Hi Samantha...I too am new to this group and site. Would love to read as much as possible and hence any suggestions regarding books would be welcome
soumya

message 4: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments Welcome To you too Soumya!

message 5: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Swarrie and Samantha! Welcome. (What's a creeper?)

message 6: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10125 comments Mod
Hi Soumya and Samantha. Its so great to welcome two new readers. We have tons of threads that discuss books we love and recommedations we make... jump right in and be prepared to fall in love with millions of new books!

message 7: by Christina (new)

Christina (chold) | 99 comments Hi Samantha! Whereabouts in Canada do you live? I live in Buffalo so I'm always up in Ontario.

message 8: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (sammymarie) | 7 comments Christina wrote: "Hi Samantha! Whereabouts in Canada do you live? I live in Buffalo so I'm always up in Ontario."
Hey! Thanks for the welcomes!! I live on the other side of Canada, in British Columbia :)

message 9: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (sammymarie) | 7 comments Hayes wrote: "Hi Swarrie and Samantha! Welcome. (What's a creeper?)"

Haha hello! A creeper is a creepy internet person.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi! HOpe you enjoy it here!

message 11: by Christina (new)

Christina (chold) | 99 comments Aw well you're definitely not near Buffalo then. :) Sometimes I forget how huge Canada is, because I've only really explored through Ontario. I've been dying to visit Montreal and Vancouver, though. Someday.

message 12: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (sammymarie) | 7 comments Christina wrote: "Aw well you're definitely not near Buffalo then. :) Sometimes I forget how huge Canada is, because I've only really explored through Ontario. I've been dying to visit Montreal and Vancouver, thoug..."

Haha yeah, second largest country! Go us! I live in Canada and I'm dying to see Vancouver and Montreal as well, haha. I've never been to the States. I want to visit it though.

message 13: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (sherylmarasi) | 93 comments Hi Samantha, Welcome!

I'm from the US :) right across the border in Michigan. You are officially invited to my country for a visit...no you have to come check it out ;)

message 14: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments Welcome to the group. Samantha.

message 15: by Christina (new)

Christina (chold) | 99 comments Never been to the states? Well you have no excuse since you're our neighbor. :) Although I couldn't even begin to suggest where to go because there are too many places! Someday, huh?

message 16: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (sammymarie) | 7 comments Christina wrote: "Never been to the states? Well you have no excuse since you're our neighbor. :) Although I couldn't even begin to suggest where to go because there are too many places! Someday, huh?"

Haha I guess I really don't have an excuse, perhaps one day!!

message 17: by Jenn. (new)

Jenn. (bluefunk) | 16 comments Hello from one HUGE book fan to another ;)
I'm new here myself and also looking for some nice recommendations (although my to be read-list is too long already :P).

Hope you have a good time here.

Samantha wrote:
Haha hello! A creeper is a creepy internet person. "

LOL! :)

message 18: by Sherrie (new)

Sherrie (syellico) welcome! This is such a great group :)

message 19: by Janny (new)

Janny (jannywurts) | 142 comments Hi Samantha -

A few top favorite historicals that I've loved, which all had exceptional writing and research include

King Hereafter by Dorothy Dunnett a historical view of MacBeth
The Horsemen by Joseph Kessel (took place in Afghanistan)
A Free Man of Color by Barbara Hambly (set in New Orleans)
And most recently, a historical/modern crossover written with first hand experience, in Cornwall and the Barbary Coast, (1750) The Tenth Gift by Jane Johnson

I'd enjoy hearing of your favorites, too.

message 20: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) | 1045 comments Hi Samantha and Soumya! Welcome to TNBBC!

message 21: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments I would loooooove to visit canada!

message 22: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (sammymarie) | 7 comments Jeane wrote: "I would loooooove to visit canada!"

Do it!!! Come to BC! We have a little something for everyone!

message 24: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (manchesterunited) Hey Samantha...welcome to the group. My family and I are thrilled to visit you at Lake Louise this summer. :)