Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Austen/Austin problem

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) | 11 comments There are several entries for books by or about "Jane Austin" and I'd like to correct them and merge them with their correctly spelled counterparts. But I'm new to this librarian thing and I am not sure how. Could someone walk me through it? Please tell me how, rather than correcting it yourselves, so I'll know what to do next time. Thanks!

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen (istoleahalo) | 42 comments Go into "edit book", change the spelling of the name, and then save.

Just as a heads up, there is an author those name is spelled Jane Austin. I think she only has one book though.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) | 11 comments Yeah, but Jane Austin didn't write Pride and Prejudice, know what I'm saying? OK, so after I change the spelling, how do I merge the books and author profiles?

message 4: by Lisa (not getting friends updates) (last edited Jan 18, 2008 11:21AM) (new)

Lisa  (not getting friends updates) Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments At the book you change (the book page), click on edit (re other editions). then put a check mark in all the titles Pride and Prejudice, or whatever book needs merging, and click combine editions.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) | 11 comments AH. Gotcha. Thanks!