Catherine, Called Birdy Catherine, Called Birdy discussion

writing style

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debra (last edited Aug 25, 2016 10:54AM) (new)

Debra I love the way Birdy tells the story in journal entries. It provides humor for the reader that Birdy does not realize. I imagine the suitors are not so old but as a young teenager they seem old to Birdy. I am so glad that Birdy found her own love at the end of the story.

message 2: by kasi (last edited Aug 25, 2016 10:54AM) (new)

kasi One of my four book clubs is reading
Circle of Friends by Binchy. This is
a lovely novel with lots of colorful
chracters and a wonderful main
character named Bennie.
It is set in Ireland in both
the village of Knockglen and in Dublin.

Two friends Bennie and Eve go to college
in Dublin and meet a third friend Eve
and the charming Jack Foley.
It is a coming of age book and
Bennie finds love and betrayal and
ultimately love again.

message 3: by DawnMarie (new)

DawnMarie Yes. Birdy is very strange. Maybe it's only because we don't live in the middle ages. I went on a trip to the Middle Age joist today. It was pretty cool. But Birdy has her own personality and I like that. Instead of everyone else, not saying anything when you greatly disagree. She speaks and lives by her feelings. It's great.

message 4: by David (new)

David Jeremy Great book!
Have you guys seen the preview for the new "Catherine" movie coming out!? It looks awesome, I can't wait!!:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5XHs5...

And here's an interview with the girl playing Catherine; never heard of her but she seems pretty good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_phzA...

message 5: by Ana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ana I am sorry but that is gonna be the worst movie ever!!!! aghhh so not how I imagined the book!!! I think that is just a fake trailer.

Heather I like how Birdy reads about the saints in a book , and then journals about it almost each day.