Does Providence Read? discussion

Does Providence start reading groups?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz | 2 comments I love to read but sometimes I have a hard time finishing books I start. I bet I would follow through more if I had a reading group keeping tabs on me. Would anyone be interested in joining a reading group? We could meet every month or so at a coffeehouse or a quiet bar (because who doesn't like drinking a beer and talking about books?)

I like reading novels and I live on the east side. What about you?

message 2: by Melody (new)

Melody | 1 comments I have about 20 books going. I feed from different ones at different times. The one I've read about 4 times is The Four Agreements by Dom Ruiz. Great book to avoid being a victim of humanity. :)

message 3: by Liz (new)

Liz | 2 comments Wow, twenty is impressive! I don't usually get to more than three, and even then I get sucked into one at the expense of the others. Right now "River Town" by Peter Hessler is taking precedence over Conrad's "The Secret Agent."

message 4: by Kerrilynn (new)

Kerrilynn So, I just found Good Reads and then found this group. It doesn't seem very active. I would most definitely be up to a monthly meet and discuss books!

PS I LOVE the east side. The Edge is one of my most favorite coffee shops. :-)

message 5: by Joseph (new)

Joseph (hatter) | 1 comments Another East Sider here. Seems like we're the most literate. Take that fed hill!

message 6: by VoteTassia (new)

VoteTassia | 1 comments Where's the edge..... I'm so out of touch with Providence. I've been hiding up in my apt. brewing my own espresso. Espresso, and hard cider, beer, & wine. It's quite the brewery here. But I would love to meet & discuss. I just started reading End of America, by Naomi Wolf. It was suggested by some friends. Good book to read, especially prior to the upcoming elections!

message 7: by Kerrilynn (new)

Kerrilynn Wow, it;s been a whle since I've been on good reads. It was brought up to my by a close friend. He actually lives in Boston now, but he is one of my favorites. He told me he hasnt seen my on here much, he's been waiting for new books to read... haha.

Anyway, The Edge is in Wayland Square, around the corner from the Starbucks, ha, but way better than Starbucks, and the people there rock. The Edge's "uniform" is a Tshirt with the molecular structure for caffeine, I love it!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Kerrilynn wrote: "Wow, it;s been a whle since I've been on good reads. It was brought up to my by a close friend. He actually lives in Boston now, but he is one of my favorites. He told me he hasnt seen my on her..."

I used to live on the east side, I get teased for calling it that by folks from out of town, what do they know? :-) I love The Edge, it can get a bit crowded & noisy. I'd be interested in meeting though.

I just discovered Good Reads, its addictive!

message 9: by Kerrilynn (new)

Kerrilynn The Edge has the best coffee and customer service. I'm such a coffee snob, too. Haha, again, I haven't been on here much, but I really want to stay updated. I am no longer able to work, so I tend to do a lot of reading.

I agree GR is addictive. I love it!!!

message 10: by Mr_English (new)

Mr_English | 4 comments I'm looking for books that have Providence as the setting. Any suggestions on any titles that fit this criteria?