What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Dance of the Tiger: A Novel of the Ice Age
This topic is about Dance of the Tiger
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fantasy book about Neanderthals and CroMagnums [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jessica | 7 comments It's not Clan of the Cave Bear. This was written by a man, had more battles. I think they lived in Iceland. When Neanderthals and CroMagnums interbred most offspring were sterile. Lots of discussion of facial features. Lot's of battles. The tribes worshipped the spirit of places, like the hill or valley that they came from. I listened to this book on tape.

message 2: by April Ann (last edited Apr 06, 2009 06:12AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

April Ann (bloomer) | 516 comments People of the Nightland (First North Americans) by W. Michael Gear People of the Nightland by W. Michael Gear. Or maybe one of the others in the series, here's his link on fantastic fiction. http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/g/w...

[image error] The Breath of God by Harry Turtledove. Or Beyond the Gap (Gap, Book 1) by Harry Turtledove Beyond the Gap

Hominids (Neanderthal Parallax, Book 1) by Robert J. Sawyer
Hominids by Robert J. Sawyer

Jessica | 7 comments No, none of these but I think I will put these on my to read list. Thank you April. I also remember that the author was an academic.

message 4: by April Ann (last edited Apr 14, 2009 05:57AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

April Ann (bloomer) | 516 comments When did you read it?

I found Dance of the Tiger A Novel of the Ice Age by Björn Kurtén Dance of the Tiger A Novel of the Ice Age by Bjorn Kurten, pub. 1995, Unviersity of California Press.

Summary: In the Scandinavia of 35,000 years ago, Cro-Magnon men move into Neanderthal territory, and Tiger, a Cro-Magnon, becomes separated from his people.

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate (katiebobus) | 200 comments My boyfriend suggested Eaters of the Dead.

message 6: by Jessica (last edited Apr 19, 2009 02:21AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jessica | 7 comments SOLVED Yes - that's it! Dance of the Tiger A Novel of the Ice Age Thank you April Ann. Thank you all for your suggestions. It was a wonderful book. I'm going to look for it and read it again.

message 7: by Ann M (new)

Ann M | 3 comments William Golding's The Inheritors would also fit. Not a bad book. Glad you found the title you were looking for!