Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Trying to figure out a book title....HELP!?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yvette (last edited Mar 22, 2013 08:50PM) (new)

Yvette | 124 comments So I read a book a while back, and for some unknown reason, I didn't add it to my READ list. I know that it was a time travel book. Highlanders involved. The girl is like a plain jane.

I can't remember how she ends up in the past but she is pulled out of like a carriage or something. I think she's wearing a ring that the bride was supposed to be wearing and that's how they know she's the one they want.

Anyway, I only remember that she makes her own make up because she hates that she doesn't have her make up bag. She apparently isn't really much to look at, is what I recall. She uses a dagger to shave and the hero wakes up to see her with the dagger raised to her underarms, he thinks she's trying to kill herself and gets mad. I think it's because his first wife killed herself.

For another unknown reason,...that's all I remember lol...Don't know why.

Can anybody help me? I know it isn't anything to go on, but nobody on here has ever let me down.

message 2: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 14 comments Time travelers wife lol I don't know just guessing!

message 3: by Danielle Book Boss (last edited Mar 22, 2013 08:58PM) (new)

Danielle Book Boss (daniellebookboss) Was it one if KMM's highlander books? Starts with Beyond the Highland Mist Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1) by Karen Marie Moning - there are like 7 with time travel in them.

message 4: by Jai (new)

Jai | 81 comments Teresa Medeiros has a book with the shaving scene in it, the time travel element. Try this one.

Touch of Enchantment

Even if it's not the one, it and its prequel are quite good.

message 5: by Yvette (new)

Yvette | 124 comments Thanks juror the ideas, it isn't Beyond the Highland Mist. I will check the other two. Thanks!

message 6: by Georgiana (new)

Georgiana Derwent (georgianaderwent) | 18 comments Is it this Outlanderby any chance? I haven't read it, but several people have recommended it to me and the plot sounds very similar to the one you describe.

message 7: by Jai (new)

Jai | 81 comments If this group doesn't figure it out, try posting it over on this discussion board:

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1...

They seem to have great luck nailing questions like this one.

message 8: by Toni (new)

Toni | 7 comments Always Mine by Sophia Johnson. I think.

message 9: by Yvette (new)

Yvette | 124 comments Georgiana wrote: "Is it this Outlanderby any chance? I haven't read it, but several people have recommended it to me and the plot sounds very similar to the one you describe."

I thought it could have been Outlander but it's not :(

message 10: by Yvette (new)

Yvette | 124 comments Ah, still can't find it! Driving me crazy over here!

message 11: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda Now I am intrigued and want to read that book too!

message 12: by Yvette (new)

Yvette | 124 comments LoL I can't remember if it was good or not but I'd really like to read it again!

message 14: by Georgiana (new)

Georgiana Derwent (georgianaderwent) | 18 comments Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer wrote: "Did you check here Yvette....

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/42..."

I never knew that time travel romance was such a developed genre. Or really a genre at all. I'd have guessed there were about ten "TTR" books maximum .

message 15: by Yvette (new)

Yvette | 124 comments Wow, I didn't know there were so many Time Travel books...checking out that list now! Thanks!

message 16: by Yvette (new)

Yvette | 124 comments This post is old but I thought I'd revive it because I still havn't found the book! ANNOYING!

I think the reason it sticks with me so much is because the heroine wasn't pretty. She wasn't this beauty that the Laird instantly fell for. It stood out for me because of that. Because he had to get to know her. Then fell in love with her!

message 18: by Jais (new)

Jais (jetoftherock) You may want to list down here the titles you've already checked. To at least narrow down our choices. Haha! Have you checked all of Karen Marie Moning's Highlander series?

message 19: by Yvette (last edited Jan 12, 2014 05:46PM) (new)

Yvette | 124 comments I thought it might have been one of Moning's Highlander series but no.

Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon
Until Forever by Johanna Lindsey
Touch of Enchantment (Lennox Family Magic, #2) by Teresa Medeiros
Always Mine (The Blackthorn Trilogy #1) by Sophia Johnson
Awaken the Highland Warrior (Connor Clan, #1) by Anita Clenney
Highland Destiny (Murray Family, #1) by Hannah Howell
Highland Destiny (Magic of the Highlands, #1) by Laura Hunsaker
Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1) by Karen Marie Moning
Charming the Highlander (Highlander, #1) by Janet Chapman

I've tried all these, and no, sadly none of them are it.

After looking again here are some more I ruled out...

A Dance Through Time (MacLeod, #1) by Lynn Kurland
Sword of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #1) by Kinley MacGregor
The Highlander's Touch (Highlander, #3) by Karen Marie Moning
Lord of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #1) by Debbie Mazzuca

message 20: by Yvette (last edited Jan 12, 2014 05:35PM) (new)

Yvette | 124 comments I've looked through so many I can't post them all.

I recall that he has brothers, two I think. He has never seen his bride to be, they just know that she's the one because of this family crest on her ring.

She has a skin condition as well, so the old woman who runs the keep helps her make a remedy for that. She makes her own make up too.

She knows she isn't beautiful, but the men make it known too. Until her 'husband' starts to see her inner beauty and falls in love with her...

I remember his first wife hung herself, so when he sees her with the dagger under her arms he flips out. I can't remember how he realizes she's from the future and I don't remember how she gets pulled into the past.

I really wish I can remember more.

message 21: by Jais (new)

Jais (jetoftherock) I would suggest Kristen Ashley's Fantasyland series... but I don't think that's it... (Sigh) I wish you'll remember.

message 22: by Yvette (new)

Yvette | 124 comments I've read all those already! SO GOOD, I couldn't put them down, read them back to back,...but yeah those aren't it either.

I wish I could remember too, guess it just wasn't meant to be :(

message 23: by Ana (new)

Ana | 22 comments Yvette wrote: "I've read all those already! SO GOOD, I couldn't put them down, read them back to back,...but yeah those aren't it either.

I wish I could remember too, guess it just wasn't meant to be :("

Try this link! Maybe it's there...

message 24: by Yvette (new)

Yvette | 124 comments Ana wrote: "Yvette wrote: "I've read all those already! SO GOOD, I couldn't put them down, read them back to back,...but yeah those aren't it either.

I wish I could remember too, guess it just wasn't meant t..."

I haven't found it on there yet, but thank you for this website!!! I've been sloppily looking through it and have found other books to read :-)