Gulliver's Travels: Travels into Several Remote Nations of the World. Gulliver's Travels discussion

gulliver is stupid he keeps getting shipwrecked

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (new)

Justin Allen gulliver is a retard and he should not be allowed to be a doctor

Monty J Heying Another troll post. Is Goodreads hiring trolls now?

Sindhu An amusing view! We all get shipwrecked in life, whenever we try to explore, I thought.

Lesley Arrowsmith So, Gulliver has control over the weather now, does he?

message 5: by Olivia (new)

Olivia you are all crazy. he is a good man.

Bryan People who don't use punctuation or capital letters in their posts could be said to be stupid, also!

message 7: by Ben (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ben Wade You know Gulliver's Travels (the original version) is a very sharp-witted satire (with a lot of sex in it) right?

Adam Stevenson There isn't any sex in Gulliver's Travels, a bit of bawdy perhaps and a lot of scatological humour, but no sex and very little hint of it.

Also, Gulliver was for the most part a surgeon and not a sailor, so even the handling of the ship wasn't for him.

Cleber well the pirats doesn't like gulliver

sologdin i read it as surpressing the sex acts, and believe that gulliver screwed a native in each voyage, including via the necromancers on voyage III, and also including when he returned to england and kept some special equine friends at his place.

Tiredstars The original edition had some really racy lithographs that were later censored. Phwoar.

message 12: by J.R. (new)

J.R. Barker I found it disturbing how easily he seemed to forget, neglect and, in the end, forsake his family.

Claire J.R. wrote: "I found it disturbing how easily he seemed to forget, neglect and, in the end, forsake his family."

And apparently became that time period's version of a brony.

message 14: by J.R. (new)

J.R. Barker Claire wrote: "J.R. wrote: "I found it disturbing how easily he seemed to forget, neglect and, in the end, forsake his family."

And apparently became that time period's version of a brony."

Hehe, yeah, now you mention it. That's an image I'll not scrub away in a hurry.

Claire J.R. wrote: "Claire wrote: "J.R. wrote: "I found it disturbing how easily he seemed to forget, neglect and, in the end, forsake his family."

And apparently became that time period's version of a brony."

Hehe,..."

I'm honestly surprised, given the popularity of My Little Pony and the fact that it seems to infest every fandom it touches, that there doesn't seem to be a Gulliver's Travels/My Little Pony crossover yet. Heck, there are pony versions of the friggin' Divine Comedy. Why not Gulliver's Travels?

And Houyhnhnmland would translate very well into Equestria.

message 16: by J.R. (new)

J.R. Barker Yeah, it could be some sort of strange vintage version.
Although I have to say I'm not going to be bringing it to the masses, someone else'll have to pioneer it :D

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Monty J wrote: "Another troll post. Is Goodreads hiring trolls now?"

Yeah, it's a sad fact that many of these readers are three year old childs.

molaffle TRUE! LMAO

message 19: by J.R. (new)

J.R. Barker I'd be impressed if a 3 yr old could hack it!
It may not be an intelligent thread, but it's been taken in good spirits.