Obsessed with True Crime discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > New Moderator

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Lady ♥ Belleza (bella_foxx) | 3390 comments Mod
I would like to introduce myself, my name is Bella and I am obsessed with true crime. Having noticed myself and reading other comments about the moderator being inactive I sent a message to Goodreads. Their response was since the moderator had been inactive for so long they could add me as moderator.

As a moderator I can add moderators, so if any of you think I am not doing a good job or would like to be a moderator, please just let me know.

I welcome any thoughts, complaints and complements.

message 2: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

I just added these rules. They will show up to new members.
1. Keep profanity to a minimum.
2. Be respectful of other members.
3. No spam, spam comments will be deleted.
4. If you are a true crime author and want to promote your book, please start a discussion in the True Crime Authors folder with your name as the subject.
5. Feel free to add true crime books to the bookshelf.

On the subject of spam, if you see a post that you believe to be spam, please send me a message.

message 3: by ♥ Marlene♥ (last edited Mar 23, 2013 04:28AM) (new)

♥ Marlene♥  | 65 comments Well. I am still here so I am glad you took that upon your self Bells.

Love the 3 photo's . And I was secretly proud that without thinking I knew who they were. (Cause I am very forgetful) Is there a noun for someone who is forgetful in English?
Charle Manson, Richard Ramirez and from the book Die For Me By Don Lasseter. (One of my first English True crime reads) Charles NG.

Eta: Bella I just noticed now the tons of threads that are all the same. Maybe you can delete them. Yee haw

message 4: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

♥ Marlene♥ wrote: "Well. I am still here so I am glad you took that upon your self Bells.

Love the 3 photo's . And I was secretly proud that without thinking I knew who they were. (Cause I am very forgetful) Is ther..."

Thanks Marlene! I figured with the obsession we share toward true crime the pictures would work well.

I will start looking at old threads with a view to deleting duplicates.

message 5: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Derek wrote: "Thanks Bella. It's great to now have an active moderator for this group. I was afraid it was going to die out."

I will do my best to not let this group die out. I am not a real experienced moderator but I am active on the site and I learn fast. And I'm stubborn. I don't give up easy.

message 6: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Marlene: I tried to delete the duplicate threads but for some reason it didn't work. So I just moved them to a separate folder so you don't have to look at them. Thanks for the welcome.

Derek: Thanks for the vote of confidence. You might want to become friends with Marlene, if you aren't already she has good opinions about true crime books. I haven't read any books on Charles NG but I hear Die For Me: The Terrifying True Story of the Charles Ng & Leonard Lake Torture Muders by Don Lasseter is pretty good. Of course Marlene can correct me if I'm wrong.
Die For Me The Terrifying True Story of the Charles Ng & Leonard Lake Torture Muders by Don Lasseter

message 7: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Derek wrote: "Goodreads is being taken over by amazon. Seriously... what a joke. I'm pissed off now. Forgive my language."

Just remember this is a public group, I know what you mean though, Shelfari is also linked to Amazon and it's terrible. It's like they just take it over and then don't put anything into the site.

message 8: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

I do buy from Amazon but I get where you're coming from. I don't like Kindle, I have a Kobo and worry that one day I won't be able to get ePub books for it, that everything will be Kindle. Already there are a lot of books that are only available for the Kindle.

message 9: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Derek wrote: "Don't get me wrong. I've bought from amazon myself. I'd just like it if this site would stay independent. Who cares what I think though? LOL"

Apparently not Goodreads.

message 10: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

P.S. Any reviews I write are my own. I don't copy or let others influence me.

message 11: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

I did not realize I had required a challenge answer for new friends. So I've changed it, there is no challenge answer just a question for people to answer.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm back. Still not thrilled about the Amazon thing, but there are no other book sites comparable to this one. I checked a bunch of them out. Hopefully that won't change.

message 13: by Judy (new)

Judy F | 11 comments ♥Bella★✰ wrote: "I would like to introduce myself, my name is Bella and I am obsessed with true crime. Having noticed myself and reading other comments about the moderator being inactive I sent a message to Goodrea..."

Hi Bella Does anyone in the group have the book the I5 Killer by Ann Rule?

message 14: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Judy wrote: "Hi Bella Does anyone in the group have the book the I5 Killer by Ann Rule? "

Hi Judy, I'm not sure why you think I would have this information. Maybe you could start a discussion to ask the group members if one of them has it.

message 15: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Just checking back in to let you know I'm still hanging in here. I just deleted two posts that appeared to be spam.

As a reminder, this group is about TRUE CRIME. The AUTHORS discussion group/folder is for TRUE CRIME AUTHORS. Posts promoting other genres will be deleted by me.

message 16: by Mirjam (new)

Mirjam Penning (mirjampenning) I don't like to get accused of spamming!
I did one post. It is to help writers to get a bit noticed. Anyone else, new writers, with a book written can put it on here, but this is suddenly spam?
Okay..
I think I don't belong in this group.
There isn't much activity anyway and I got, except for one, ignored from the beginning. Good luck further.

message 17: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Miriam, everything you've written about your book is very vague and your blog, which I did check out, is also very general and did not appear to be related to the subject of true crime.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.