Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) Clockwork Princess discussion

Have no one to talk about it with!

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jessie Glover I am currently reading this book and have read all the rest of hers, but no one else around me reads them! I need someone to talk to about it!

Jasmine Cobb I finished this book yesterday, and I also have no one to talk about it with. I'll talk with you

Isabell I'm in the same sitch. 2 of my friends have read it but they havent even gotten to TID. They havent gotten past City of Glass :P

Nurlely Isn't that why we have friends on Goodreads? We may not talk about the books we love with our real life friends, but friends are everywhere, and plenty of them who love reading are on Goodreads :)

Nayha  oooohh I'm dying to read clockwork princess..sadly I can't get my hands on it..I ENVY U PPL :(

Jessica Crone Read it, LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG BEST ENDING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU CASSANDRA CLARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 7: by Jennifer (last edited Mar 23, 2013 07:40AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer Jessica wrote: "Read it, LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG BEST ENDING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU CASSANDRA CLARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..."

How can you stand to say it was the best ending ever. Either way she ended it..or anyway she could have ended it..I wouldn't have liked. I would have still cried. I would have still been torn apart. The epilog was what made me cry the most...Through the whole Epilog, I couldn't stop crying.

Jessica Crone I guess there could've been a better ending but this one was pretty good, the ending did make my cry though.

message 9: by Jennifer (last edited Mar 23, 2013 07:49AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer Don't get me wrong. I think that Cassie ended the book in the best possible way she could. Personally, I just couldn't handle it. I still can't handle it. I just hope that every time I think of this book I won't always associate it with sadness, and tears, as I do now. I, myself, don't necessarily consider the ending to be a happy ending. And ending of triumph, and glory. Nor do I consider it to be an ending of defeat, and shame. I don't know what I truly think of the ending though...I just know it is the end.

message 10: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Sager I'm with you all on the not having anyone to talk to. Hence why I'm now stalking these discussion boards. ;-)

Jessica Crone That is an incredibly deep thought that I totally agree with Jennifer

Jasmine Cobb I'm not a "Team this or that" person. At the beginning of CP2, I wanted Tessa to marry Jem. At the end of the book I was so happy that she ended up with Will. But then she also got Jem? What? I suppose that ending makes everyone happy, but I really wish Jem had either stayed a SB. Or maybe he should have died for real. I really like Jem a lot! He should not have ended up with Tessa in the end though.

Jennifer Jessica wrote: "That is an incredibly deep thought that I totally agree with Jennifer"

Thank you. Glad to see that someone agrees with me and isn't drawn immediately to the "Team Wiil!" or "Team Jem!" (Although from the beginning of the series I had wanted her to be with Will.) Was my post really "that deep"? Thank you for agreeing with me and complimenting me. I appreciate it.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked the ending. I honestly don't think there was a way she could have ended this trilogy without upsetting people as so many people love Jem or Will, someone was always going to be disappointed. At least with the ending Tessa gets the best of both worlds. She gets to live a life with both the men she loves...

I just want to know how the epilogue comes about with Jem. How was he cured? How is he no longer a silent brother? It's got to be something that happens in City Of Heavenly Fire so we wont get to find out what until next year :(

message 15: by Aimee (new)

Aimee Bookloverscodex wrote: "I liked the ending. I honestly don't think there was a way she could have ended this trilogy without upsetting people as so many people love Jem or Will, someone was always going to be disappointed..."

On Cassandra Clare's Tumblr she said that we will find out about Jem in City of Heavenly Fire. When he said that thing to Tessa that he had another story about Herondale's, Lightwood's and Fairchild's that was a reference to how TMI is going to end.

I really wish I had people to discuss this with. None of my friends are reading this. My husband is reading it but he is deployed and only on City of Fallen Angels (TMI).

Katie I thought the ending was bittersweet. Probably one of the best if not the best endings ever.

message 17: by Abby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abby I hated how she got them both, I feel like she should have just ended up with will.

And yes I know how you feel, none of my friends are reading any of the Cassandra Clare books and here I am just wanting to vent my feelings out about how she shouldn't have ended up with Jem!!

message 18: by Cassandra (last edited Mar 25, 2013 12:51AM) (new)

Cassandra Abby wrote: "I hated how she got them both, I feel like she should have just ended up with will.

And yes I know how you feel, none of my friends are reading any of the Cassandra Clare books and here I am just..."

I agree Abby. The epilogue broke my soul. I shipped Will and Tessa so hard from the beginning. I felt so empty after reading the ending because RIGHT NOW in this time era Will is dead and Jem and Tessa are having the time of their lives together. it feels wrong, like mocking him somehow to me because we know how much it upset him to see Jem and Tessa together. I know Will got to have his life with Tessa, but it just felt like he should have gotten her all to himself, it was as if she didn't love him completely or something, because of Jem. I dont know how to explain this fully, but it's just wrong to me.

Brittney Cassandra wrote: "Abby wrote: "I hated how she got them both, I feel like she should have just ended up with will.

And yes I know how you feel, none of my friends are reading any of the Cassandra Clare books and h..."

I'M SO GLAD OTHER PEOPLE SHARE MY THOUGHTS.

That epilogue was torture. And I'm shamelessly ignoring that it ever happened. And that Will lived forever. LALALAAAA.

But. Really. "Broke my soul" is the truest thing ever. I was literally so upset reading about Will's life and then his death, that I had to put the book aside and regain my composure before I could finish it. -sigh-

Nurlely What will I read in City of Heavenly Fire?

Cassie says that Jem will be there.

I think if I read about Jem-Tessa together in CoHF, I will feel that I come back to remembering the Epilogue in Clockwork Princess, which I consider as the worst feeling of my CP2 reading experience.

I wish I can burn away the memory of reading the Epilogue!

message 21: by Katie (last edited Mar 25, 2013 03:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katie I had so many feels from the last few chapters to the epilogue!!! I cheered aloud and then I wanted to cry! So many times I actually had to look away from the book to collect myself, otherwise I would have screamed in excitement and anticipation and even disappointment! But, then it finally worked out for me! And the epilogue is in the present day and I can't wait to read City of Heavenly Fire!!!!!!!!!

Sishya Nurlely wrote: "What will I read in City of Heavenly Fire?

Cassie says that Jem will be there.

I think if I read about Jem-Tessa together in CoHF, I will feel that I come back to remembering the Epilogue in Cloc..."

I know! I don't think I can handle reading about Jem and Tessa. If she's writing another series on Jem, I'll have to ignore it.

Isabell I couldnt even read the epilogue. My eyes were blurred with tears at the thought of Will dying at an old age. Then Tessa just bounces right back with Jem! NOOOOOOOOO PLEASE GOD NO! Anyone share my feelings??

Nurlely Isabell wrote: "I couldnt even read the epilogue. My eyes were blurred with tears at the thought of Will dying at an old age. Then Tessa just bounces right back with Jem! NOOOOOOOOO PLEASE GOD NO! Anyone share my ..."

It just feels so wrong, so messed up.

Nurlely Leah wrote: "Unfortunately for you I think they will make an appearence in TDA because the series is a way to show how the shadowhunters and downworlders got on after CoHF. "

Seriously? I read about Jace and Clary (and some young shadowhunters) will appear in the beginning of The Dark Artifices series, but the rest will be the story of Emma & Julian with the Blackthorn family (and friends).

Did Cassie say that?