Cupcake Lovers discussion

Debates!!!! > Homework

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mila *You Are In The Presence of Amazingness* | 326 comments Mod
Should homework be banned?

message 2: by Stephi ♥ (new)

Stephi ♥ no, but it should be limited! 2hours a week, max!

Snowblue~ Rachel is AWESOME!!! :p | 13 comments homework sucks. it should be banned. no questions asked. there. boom.

message 4: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinekstrom01) actually sometimes it helps you understand the concept more. POINTLESS, TEDIOUS, OR WAY-TOO-LONG homework should be banned.

Snowblue~ Rachel is AWESOME!!! :p | 13 comments doesn't help me really. I would rather have homework every day than have tests or quizzes though. Then the pressure is on.

Mila *You Are In The Presence of Amazingness* | 326 comments Mod
just to be the devil's advocate, homework is just a reminder of what you learned in class. it is neccesary sp every student is prepared for the following school day.

message 7: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinekstrom01) Mila *You Are In The Presence of Amazingness* wrote: "just to be the devil's advocate, homework is just a reminder of what you learned in class. it is neccesary sp every student is prepared for the following school day."
SOME homework is. some homework is to read a whole new chapter in history and write a four paragraph summary about it, which is not useful.

message 8: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) I think that teachers should just give us time in class to work rather than sending it home with us. It's not fair that we go to school and do that work all day and then have to do like 3 more hours of it at home. Some of us have lives!

message 9: by Mpiggy (new)

Mpiggy Homework shouldn't be banned but there should definitely be a limit or something. Sometimes, we just get too much!!

message 10: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinekstrom01) Mpiggy wrote: "Homework shouldn't be banned but there should definitely be a limit or something. Sometimes, we just get too much!!"

perfectly said!

message 11: by Mpiggy (new)

Mpiggy thanks!! :D

message 12: by Christine (new)

Christine | 31 comments probably not because it does help students learn more efficiently but it should be limited to how many problems a teacher can give. Students have other activities outside of school and should have time to do those things without spending all their time doing homework.

Snowblue~ Rachel is AWESOME!!! :p | 13 comments Teachers would probably like to do stuff other than grade homework and tests also.

Snowblue~ Rachel is AWESOME!!! :p | 13 comments Meiyu wrote: "Snowblue~ Rachel is AWESOME!!! :p wrote: "Teachers would probably like to do stuff other than grade homework and tests also."
ha ha,lol.Yeah i agree with u.Like when we have unit tests my teachers ..."

Yea, and even some of my teachers have lives beyond school-- if you can believe!

message 15: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I don't think it shud be banned cuz sometimes I enjoy hw like maths revision but I do find it annoying when teachers set lots of hw that won't help you learn at all. I don't mind spending a couple of hours in the eve if I'm enjoying it, but when ur still doing ur hw when the rest of the house is asleep, u find it real hard not to just hate the teachers who set u pointless hw. I think that hw that helps u to learn u shud have to do, but hw that isn't very important but will help some peeps who find it harder like maths hw u shud have the option to do it or not do it. I just think its rly unfair u havin to practice something I can all ready to really well! Btw do judge that I enjoy maths- I like solving problems and helping people so solving maths problems is sort of the same..... Sort of..... A little bit ; )

message 16: by Stephi ♥ (last edited Apr 11, 2013 02:05AM) (new)

Stephi ♥ my mum's a teacher, and she never sets homework. she can't be bothered checking it! My dad's also one and he's pretty much the same. he teaches senior chem so they need the practice. homework should just be limited!

message 17: by Lauren (new)

Lauren exactly less pointless hw, and more helpful hw!!! The only problem is what i might find useful, someone else might find pointless.

Snowblue~ Rachel is AWESOME!!! :p | 13 comments my science teacher has a problem so he gives us/ says stuff we don't need to know, and then when a test comes along, BAM! Stuff he never taught us. When we tell him we never did anything for it, he yells at us! Seriously, he did that today. The whole class had no idea what it was!

message 19: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I know exactly what u mean!!!! they do that all the time!! its sooo annoying! i hate tests.

Snowblue~ Rachel is AWESOME!!! :p | 13 comments ME TOO who doesn't?

message 21: by Lauren (new)

Lauren like NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well we might never know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! because i cant read minds..... or can i!!! MWHAHAHA!!!!

message 22: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinekstrom01) Snowblue~ Rachel is AWESOME!!! :p wrote: "Meiyu wrote: "Snowblue~ Rachel is AWESOME!!! :p wrote: "Teachers would probably like to do stuff other than grade homework and tests also."
ha ha,lol.Yeah i agree with u.Like when we have unit test..."

my dad is a latin teacher and he plays soccer and listens to rock music XD

message 23: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinekstrom01) Snowblue~ Rachel is AWESOME!!! :p wrote: "ME TOO who doesn't?"

it depends on the test cause actually some can be fun if they are like word searches and stuff... but then again I have never gotten one of those tests... but ya never know...