Cupcake Lovers discussion

Debates!!!! > Cigarettes

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mila *You Are In The Presence of Amazingness* | 326 comments Mod
Should cigarettes be illegal? Why or why not?

message 2: by Chami (last edited Mar 30, 2013 11:35PM) (new)

Chami | 9 comments I think cigarettes should be illegal. Because it's considered as a harmful good for the consumption and has negative externalities involved. By consuming a cigarette what's the benefit that the user can gain? some may say they get an entertainment from consuming a cigarette. But, to me, i can't see any entertainment that someone can take form it. Because can someone put his/her own life at risk and consume such a harmful product just to get an entertainment?. Hence, cigarettes should be banned (and other harmful goods as well) and parents must make sure that their children do not use those harmful goods. Then this world would be a better place.

message 3: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinekstrom01) DEFINITELY! WE JUST DID A PROJECT ON THIS IN SCIENCE! IT WAS SO GROSS! THERE IS TOILET CLEANER AND NAIL POLISH REMOVER AND POISON IN A CIGARETTE!

message 4: by Mpiggy (new)

Mpiggy Chami wrote: "I think cigarettes should be illegal. Because it's considered as a harmful good for the consumption and has negative externalities involved. By consuming a cigarette what's the benefit that the use..."

Perfectly said!

The April Fool (White Rabbit) wrote: "DEFINITELY! WE JUST DID A PROJECT ON THIS IN SCIENCE! IT WAS SO GROSS! THERE IS TOILET CLEANER AND NAIL POLISH REMOVER AND POISON IN A CIGARETTE!"

Gross!!!!!

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Reasons for being banned
- it stinks
- bad for environment
- can make your appearance 'not as nice'
- shortens your life (1 cigarette = 11minutes off your life)
-can harm other people
- once people start they may never stop.
- waste of money. You could literally save thousands buy not buying cigarettes.
-ect. ect.

Reasons to smoke
- it helps to cope with stress but sometimes it just makes you stress more.
- helps you to lose weight
-to look "cool"

There are way more bad points than good, and the good reasons aren't really that amazing.

Bacically I don't think it should be banned because all the people who smoke at the moment who are addicted might try to get cigarettes illegally or could die because they are so addicted they need them to survive. However I do hate cigarettes and drugs so I think if no one started smoking then eventually all the smokers would sort of become extinct and everyone will live happily ever after. Except in reality I think there will always be people that smoke. Yup.

message 6: by Chami (new)

Chami | 9 comments Lauren *lady lauren with the lamp* wrote: "Reasons for being banned
- it stinks
- bad for environment
- can make your appearance 'not as nice'
- shortens your life (1 cigarette = 11minutes off your life)
-can harm other people
- once people..."

I agree with you.

The White Archer (White Rabbit) wrote: "DEFINITELY! WE JUST DID A PROJECT ON THIS IN SCIENCE! IT WAS SO GROSS! THERE IS TOILET CLEANER AND NAIL POLISH REMOVER AND POISON IN A CIGARETTE!"

Yeah it's gross.

Mpiggy wrote: "Chami wrote: "I think cigarettes should be illegal. Because it's considered as a harmful good for the consumption and has negative externalities involved. By consuming a cigarette what's the benefi..."

message 7: by Mpiggy (new)

Mpiggy You're welcome!! :)

message 8: by Chami (new)

Chami | 9 comments Mpiggy wrote: "You're welcome!! :)"

:).

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Yeah I think that's a good idea. Cuz the people who are badly addicted might find it impossible to give up so it might be easier to switch to electronic. X

Amity☺Currently-Awesome☺ | 41 comments BLECH!!! So gross, when walk by smokers, i hold my breath.

Amity☺Currently-Awesome☺ | 41 comments yes it should be illegal, but that would create more problems people would sneak them, like illegal drugs and the police would have to catch the and stuff, so basically, having them just smoke in one area would be the safest.