SA Book & Challenge Lovers discussion

Retired Challenges > New goodreads challenge feature

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Hi guys,

So for my Comic books/Graphic novels/Manga Reading Challenges group I found out how to use this new feature. Look here:

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/9...

Look right under the description and where the BoM should be there is a challenge tab with 2 challenges showing.

Shall we do this for our new challenges that start?
It is easy to set up and use.
Doing it for all the already ongoing ones might be a schelp.

What you do is when you read a book you just add it to a shelf you made for that challenge (if you don't mind having lots of shelves) and it automatically updates for you. You can also say how many books you are reading for the challenge and it will keep a % done for you.

The thing is threads will still be needed for planning and all that, but I think it can be nice for the future.

You guys game?

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 4434 comments Mod
Absolutely, looks great. I would definitely use that feature.

message 3: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Yay :)

message 4: by Carolien (new)

Carolien (carolien_s) | 2260 comments Mod
Has the problem been sorted that you had with lots of shelves Barbara? It looks like a neat feature.

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Yes, it has been solved. I don't have any problems anymore. The problem which was with listopia only occured if you had 50 or more shelves. With this feature we can always delete the shelves once the challenge is over to keep the number of shelves down.

message 6: by Carolien (new)

Great, I have about 30 shelves at the moment. It would simplify life if we can use this for challenges.

message 7: by Barbara (new)

I agree. Can't wait to use it for a challenge and see if it really works the way I would like it to work.

message 8: by Carolien (new)

Barbara wrote: "I agree. Can't wait to use it for a challenge and see if it really works the way I would like it to work."

We'll have to think up a challenge to experiment!