The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Hello I am a new to the group and live in Nova Scotia Canada

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sweetsharon) | 8 comments I enjoy many different authors but Joy Fielding, Alan Bradley and Lisa Jackson are the ones that I have read recently. I have also been enjoying translated mystery writes like Jo Nesbo,Edwardson and Camilla Lackberg, but am open to any and all recommendations.

message 2: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 17 comments Hi, I'm in N.S. too. Welcome.

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (emtmelissa) | 35 comments Welcome Sharon :-)

message 4: by Linda (new)

Linda (beaulieulinda117gmailcom) | 1382 comments Hi, I'm in Ontario, welcome to the group Sharon.

message 5: by Marie-Jo (new)

Marie-Jo Fortis | 118 comments Welcome!

message 6: by Beth (new)

Beth | 408 comments Welcome to the group, Sharon!

message 7: by David (new)

David Freas (quillracer) | 2310 comments Welcome!

message 8: by Tiffany (last edited Mar 27, 2013 02:35PM) (new)

Tiffany | 17 comments I started A Drink Before the War by author:Dennis Lehane|10289].

I usually prefer more classic stuff (I'm also reading Spinsters in Jeopardy by Ngaio Marsh, but Lehane was recommended by a friend so I decided to try it. Quite good so far.

message 9: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sweetsharon) | 8 comments Thank you all for the warm welcome, I am very interested in seeing what everyone is reading.

message 10: by David (new)

David Freas (quillracer) | 2310 comments The Pale Blue Eye by Louis Bayard.

message 11: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sweetsharon) | 8 comments Dave wrote: "The Pale Blue Eye by Louis Bayard."

Thanks Dave I just added it to my to read list.

message 13: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sweetsharon) | 8 comments Tiffany wrote: "I'm also reading some Sherlock Holmes pastiches now:

Dust and Shadow: An Account of the Ripper Killings by Dr. John H. Watson; The Execution of Sherlock Holmes: And Other New Adventures of the Gre..."

Hi Tiffany I have to tell you I have been looking for a Jack The Ripper book for my 17 year old who just came home from Europe, while traveling she did a night tour in London of Jack The Ripper and has wants to learn more of the tale. It is now on my gift list. Cheers

message 14: by Bill (new)

Bill | 5460 comments Welcome to the group, Sharon. I'm sure you'll get many recommendations here. Enjoy yourself.

message 15: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 17 comments Sharon> Hope she likes it. I found the story well written and at times I felt I was reading a work of Conan Doyle himself.

message 16: by Charles (new)

Charles Beddingfield (charlesbeddingfield) | 40 comments Hello Sharon. Welcome from another newbie.

message 17: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sweetsharon) | 8 comments Charles wrote: "Hello Sharon. Welcome from another newbie."

Thanks Charles