Star Trek Reads discussion

Deep Space Nine > Millennium

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex (alexure) | 5 comments This is a great trilogy of books by Judith Reese-Stevens, who wrote some of the better episodes for Enterprise on the TV. There are 3 books -The Fall of Terok Nor, The War of the Prophets and Inferno. Between them they cover an impressive amount of character development for pretty much ALL the show regulars with Garak and Odo naturally getting the meatiest material to play with.

Has anyone else read these books? I've found them mysteriouly missing from other group discussions.

message 2: by Carlissa (new)

Carlissa | 17 comments I read Millennium 5 years ago; unfortunately, I can't remember much about it other than I liked it!

message 3: by Scott (last edited Mar 25, 2013 04:57AM) (new)

Scott (artrobot) Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens are my favorite trek authors! For some reason separate here on goodreads:Judith Reeves-Stevens,Garfield Reeves-Stevens

I definitely enjoyed this trilogy.

They seem to have an encyclopedic knowledge of Trek, really bring the character's true voices to everything they write and create epic narratives. They also "helped" Shatner with his series of Kirk books but its completely thier style.

message 4: by Ben (new)

Ben Guilfoy | 33 comments I liked this trilogy when I first read it. I haven't gone back to it in a long time, though. Maybe I can find the omnibus on the cheap... I also thought the videogame that accompanied it, "The Fallen" was pretty solid, too.

message 5: by Ben (new)

Ben Guilfoy | 33 comments Managed to nab the omnibus edition from Goodwill on the cheap. Looking forward to re-reading it!

message 6: by Alex (new)

Alex (alexure) | 5 comments Didn't know there was a companion video-game. What was the plot, and where does it fit in to the trilogy?

message 7: by Alex (new)

Alex (alexure) | 5 comments Didn't know there was a companion video-game. What was the plot, and where does it fit in to the trilogy?

message 8: by Alex (new)

message 9: by Alex (new)

Alex (alexure) | 5 comments I hate Mobile Internet :-(=-O

message 10: by Ben (new)

Ben Guilfoy | 33 comments The game loosely follows the plot of the books, except without the multiple time periods, as I recall. You can choose to play as Worf, Sisko or Kira and go through a series of missions trying to find the Pah-Wraith orbs. The enemies included Jem'Hadar, Cardassian soldiers and the Grigari - who, I think were invincible to your phaser fire unless you scanned them first to determine a frequency to use.

I could be off on that; it's been a long, long time since I played it, but I remember fighting the Grigari was a rather frightening experience.

message 11: by Ben (new)

Ben Guilfoy | 33 comments Here's a summary of the game's plot: http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/The...