What's 812 Reading? discussion

March > Spring Break, 3/22-4/2

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ms. Flagg (new)

Ms. Flagg (MissFlagg) | 43 comments Mod
You may answer any question you would like, as long as you follow the RAFTAT strategy.

Feeling stuck? Here are some sample questions:

1.) Connect a character in your book with another character from a text or person

2.) Choose a significant quote and explain what it shows about him/her.

3.) If you had to choose a symbol for your character, what would it be and why?

R: Restate
A: Answer
F: For example...
T: This shows/proves/etc....
A: Another example
T: This shows/proves...

message 2: by Trinity (last edited Mar 31, 2013 05:02PM) (new)

Trinity Burgos | 31 comments If I had to choose a symbol for my character Darry, it would be determined. For example, Darry is very over protective of his brothers ever since ther parents had past away in a car accident, which somehow makes Ponyboy feel like he has no control or no freedom around his brother. This shows that Darry has been feeling responsible for his brothers because of the loss of his parents, and since he is the oldest child he feels he has to protect his younger brothers which makes him determined. Another example, is when Darry even though he's not s very happy person in his life or someone that doesn't really find happiness in their life he still takes care of his brothers no matter what, and tries his best to show that he cares maybe not the most loving way, but in the best way he can. This shows and proves that he deternimed to do things hat he feels that are most important to him.

message 3: by Ivan (last edited Apr 03, 2013 01:31PM) (new)

Ivan (ivanski711) | 30 comments If i had to choose a symbol for my character Soda it would be loving. For example Ponyboy had said that he loves Soda more than he loves his own mom and dad. This shows that Soda has giving enouph love to Ponyboy that Ponyboy loves him more than anything else in the world. Another example is when Darry was yelling at Ponyboy Soda stood up for him and told Darry of. This shows that Soda is loving because he stood against there older brother to protect Ponyboy.

by Ivan Gonzalez Jr.

message 4: by Jack (new)

Jack Brill | 41 comments A symbol I would use to describe Soda is. Something related to movies, or shows. For example Ponyboy described Soda as "someone you would see in a movie." This shows that a symbol related to movies, or shows would be a good symbol for Soda. Another example that proves that the symbol for Soda should be something related to movies or shows is, Ponyboy said "Soda looks like an actor." This shows that a symbol involved in movies or shows would be a good symbol for Soda.