Indie and Proud discussion

The Catch All > Question; First Person Synopsis

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (natashasnow) Hi friends!
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question.. I wasn't really sure, so if this is wrong, sorry! :(

But my question is... is it alright to have a synopsis in first person? My entire book I'm working on is, and so is the synopsis I've written for it. I'm quite happy with it, but is this something I should avoid having?

Thanks!!

message 2: by Beth (new)

Beth Rinyu | 10 comments I think if you are happy with it, that's all that matters! Both of my books are in the first person. My synopsis isn't. But one of my most favorite books (Love Left Behind. I've attached it so you can check out the synopsis) has the synopsis written in the first person and it works perfectly! So I think it's just with what you feel works best for your book. Good luck :)Love Left Behind

message 3: by Hazel (new)

Hazel West | 107 comments Mod
I have seen synopses in first person before, in fact, I kind of like that for a first person book. It adds more a personal feel of the character to it which is why I love reading FP in that first place.

message 4: by Bryn (new)

Bryn Hammond (brynhammond) I like the idea, too, for a first person book. I imagine it can draw you in. And nothing wrong with being a little bit different.

message 5: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (natashasnow) Thanks guys! You've all been extremely helpful! I'll just do what feels best for the sake of the book.

message 6: by Bryn (new)

Bryn Hammond (brynhammond) Natasha wrote: "I'll just do what feels best for the sake of the book."

Always my motto. :)

message 7: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (natashasnow) Bryn wrote: "Natasha wrote: "I'll just do what feels best for the sake of the book."

Always my motto. :)"
And it's a good motto at that!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I think the synopsis should be first person in the traditional publishing industry. Buuuutt because we are self publishing I don't see anything wrong with it as long as its done well and if it's successful at grabbing the reader's attention, who's to say it's wrong? As indie authors we have the means, the right and the obligation to ourselves to test the waters and see what works best for our own business :)