Book Promotions discussion

Beginner's Guide to Echolocation for the Blind and Visually Impaired: Learning to See With Your Ears
Author Bio's > Learn to see with sound

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tim (timjohnson) | 11 comments Hi all, I've written a book that is geared toward the blind and visually impaired community and it teaches a skill called echolocation which is the ability to see objects by interpreting sounds, with our ears, instead of images, with our eyes.

Although it's geared to blind people, anyone can learn this skill, in fact, I myself am not visually impaired. I am simply astonished by this innate ability that we all posses and decided to learn it first hand. This is the first book that has ever been published on this topic and it is presented in a way that anyone can understand it and start learning how to echolocate. I think you will find it fascinating.

I am looking for more reviews of the book and if anyone is interested in swapping reviews, I would be happy to read your book and post a review in exchange.

Thank you!

message 2: by Rayne (new)

Rayne Golay (RayneGolay) | 75 comments Hi Tim,

Very interesting. Between the ages of 9 and 17 I was blind. During those years I learned to echolocate, although I wouldn't have been able to put a name to it then. Although I'm still blind in one eye, I don't consciously use echolocation, my hearing is remarkably acute.
I'd like to read and review your book. Where can I find it?
When THE WOODEN CHAIR, my literary fiction is out in May 2013, I'll be glad to take you up on the offer to reciprocate.
Rayne