YA Bookaholics discussion

Archives > Least Favorite Books

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat (kaitlins16) What are your least favorite books, or what are the ones you couldn't get into?

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 21, 2013 06:34PM) (new)

The Twilight Saga, enough said.
Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer New Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie Meyer Eclipse (Twilight, #3) by Stephenie Meyer Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) by Stephenie Meyer Midnight Sun (Twilight #1.5) by Stephenie Meyer The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner (Twilight, #3.5) by Stephenie Meyer

message 3: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Jessica  (stuckinotherworlds) | 858 comments Mod
Bre ~TheBookworm~ wrote: "The Twilight Saga, enough said.
Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie MeyerNew Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie MeyerEclipse (Twilight, #3) by Stephenie MeyerBreaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) by Stephenie MeyerMidnight Sun (Twilight #1.5) by Stephenie Meyer[bookcover:The Short S..."

I agree. Hated it.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes exactly

message 5: by Jennie (last edited Mar 22, 2013 01:58PM) (new)

Jennie (jenniebean25) Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2) by E.L. James Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3) by E.L. James

I know they aren't considered YA but I really don't understand the hype they got! HORRENDOUS!

message 6: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (clouddinosaur) The Lord of the Rings (The Lord of the Rings, #1-3) by J.R.R. Tolkien I couldn't get into the Lord of the Rings trilogy just because they were soo long and detailed. I read the Hobbit and the first book and half way through the second book in the the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I plan on reading them again another time since apparently they're amazing but as of now I'm not too interested.

message 7: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Jessica  (stuckinotherworlds) | 858 comments Mod
Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) by Melissa Marr Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely, #2) by Melissa Marr Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely, #3) by Melissa Marr Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4) by Melissa Marr Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5) by Melissa Marr

…it was really good at the beginning…

message 8: by Kat (new)

Kat (kaitlins16) I really liked the first book in that series, but it fizzled out for me. I don't like how it focuses on a different set of characters in the second book, and goes back to the original ones in the third, and I think in the fourth, too.

Anyway, I would say the books that stand out as the ones that I don't like are Bumped (Bumped, #1) by Megan McCafferty and Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck .

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma (emma_reader) | 77 comments I've ran into a lot of books that I strongly disliked.

The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1) by Rae Carson City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia Reached (Matched, #3) by Ally Condie Switched (Trylle Trilogy, #1) by Amanda Hocking The Dead Boys by Royce Buckingham

To name a few.

message 10: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 10 comments I rean into alot of trouble reading Once Dead, Twice Shy (Madison Avery, #1) by Kim Harrison and also I didn't enjoy reading The Twilight Saga

message 11: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Hey, I liked Twilight! But I can definitely see where you guys are coming from. Let's see. Yep, The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1) by Rae Carson Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz and Eighth Grade Bites (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #1) by Heather Brewer . I guess I expect a lot from books, and I just didn't get that something from these.

message 12: by Rissa (new)

Rissa (rissatheeighthborn) | 265 comments Any book belonging to the Twilight quartet. I couldn't get into The Glass Menagerie or Death of a Salesman but both are good books.

message 13: by Dana (new)

message 14: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicalandon22) | 4 comments Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie Bloodrose (Nightshade, #3) by Andrea Cremer Of Poseidon (Of Poseidon, #1) by Anna Banks The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys, #1) by Abbi Glines Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Shiver was the worst though...ugh

message 15: by Kat (new)

Kat (kaitlins16) You and I have very different tastes.

Leigh (bibliosky) (leighsalv) I didnt like Shiver as well, especially Linger.

message 17: by Brooke (last edited May 06, 2013 03:55PM) (new)

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) I really didn't like Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins or Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins (please don't kill me). I tried to read The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner and didn't really like it but I'm thinking of trying it again.

message 18: by Saw (new)

Saw Sin | 3 comments The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold HATED IT.HATED IT. HATED IT.
i didnt really like the house of night series as well.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I HATE Z for Zachariah
I had to read for English at school!

message 20: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Lawrence (lorettalawrence) | 98 comments A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin I hated the whole damn series. It's a god-awful series.

message 21: by Anum (new)

Anum | 37 comments Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate series GOd this was boring!!

Chloe Fandom Queen Brisingr (The Inheritance Cycle, #3) by Christopher Paolini
War Horse (War Horse, #1) by Michael Morpurgo

That's all for now...

message 23: by Katie (new)

Katie Boord (katieboord) | 28 comments I didn't like Shatter Me all that much...even though lots of people said it was amazing. I did kinda like Adam, though.

message 24: by Emma (new)

Emma I didn't like Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth I found it boring. Also this series Evernight (Evernight, #1) by Claudia Gray . It was the first vampire book series that I put down without finishing, I hated them.

message 25: by Luna (new)

Luna Cakegood (Luna_Cakegood) | 50 comments Bre wrote: "The Twilight Saga, enough said.
Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie MeyerNew Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie MeyerEclipse (Twilight, #3) by Stephenie MeyerBreaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) by Stephenie MeyerMidnight Sun (Twilight #1.5) by Stephenie Meyer[bookcover:The Short S..."

I second that opinion!

message 26: by Anum (new)

Anum | 37 comments Anum wrote: "Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate series GOd this was boring!!"

I second that....the last part was just aweful. And yes I read it till the end Self torture

message 27: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) Bre wrote: "The Twilight Saga, enough said.

Oh, thank you. Didn't want to write that myself. :D

message 28: by Raevyn (new)

Raevyn "Lucia" [I'm in it for the books] (raevynstar) | 80 comments Chasing Vermeer (Chasing Vermeer, #1) by Blue Balliett . I haven't tried to read it since fourth grade, but I WILL try it again. I won't expect a lot, though.

message 29: by Izzy (new)

Izzy I really disliked "Fallen". It was just flat and I really hated the main character.