/co/ - Comics & Cartoons discussion

Current Reads

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cody (new)

Cody (mccodered) | 1 comments Just post what you're reading and give others suggestions based on that.

Just started /co/'s Green Lantern recommendation and almost finished with Green Lantern + Green Arrow.

message 2: by Jerry (new)

Jerry (RooneyMara) | 5 comments Fantastic Four Volume 1

Top lel.
Storytiming the Hickman run.

message 3: by Julien (new)

Julien L | 6 comments Shade The Changing Man Volume 3

message 4: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (red_wine) Just got started on Sweet Tooth. I've yet to dislike anything published by Vertigo.

message 5: by S (last edited Apr 05, 2013 08:29PM) (new)

S (i_always_had_a_phd) Just finished Brian Chippendale's If 'n Oof, which was a lot of fun. Had a huge zine influence, which was great.

Sophie you should try Animal Man, Vol. 1: The Hunt by the same guy or Burns's Black Hole if you haven't read it yet; both seem to share themes or topics with ST.

I don't ready that many cape comics so I don't know what to recommend you guys ;_;.

message 6: by DeeDee (new)

DeeDee Andrews (dominoparkcomics) | 1 comments Is there a difference between Comics, Cartoons, and Graphic Novels.
For me- Comics are like newspaper strips.
Cartoons are on TV.
Graphic novels are very elaborate, with packed tight pages.
I prefer comic strips. Keep it simple.
But I may be biased, because I write in strips.

message 7: by Grace (last edited Apr 21, 2013 08:46AM) (new)

Grace (Fives) | 7 comments Right now I'm reading DC Comics: The New 52 and The Flash, Vol. 1: The Dastardly Death of the Roguesand I just finished reading Animal Man, Vol. 1: The Hunt I would recommend all of Geoff Johns' Green Lanterns and The New 52 if you can handle 1,216 pages.

message 8: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (red_wine) i! wrote: "Just finished Brian Chippendale's If 'n Oof, which was a lot of fun. Had a huge zine influence, which was great.

Sophie you should try Animal Man, Vol. 1: The Hunt by the same guy or Burns's Black..."

Thanks for the recs!

I'm already a fan of Charles Burns, but I've never read Animal Man. I'll be sure to check it out.

message 9: by Jerry (new)

Jerry (RooneyMara) | 5 comments Storytiming Avengers, Vol. 1: Avengers World

Yesterday I read the Blacksad HC, this morning I read Hellboy Volume 1: Library Edition and tomorrow I'm starting B.P.R.D.

message 10: by Jerry (new)

Jerry (RooneyMara) | 5 comments The Spider, The Shadow, Green Hornet, Masks and the Fury series by Dynamite are pretty great. Would recommend.

message 11: by Julien (new)

Julien L | 6 comments The spider and shadow got mediocre. I dig the other three.

Currently reading Brightest Day and Final Crisis.

message 12: by Jerry (new)

Jerry (RooneyMara) | 5 comments Julien wrote: "The spider and shadow got mediocre. I dig the other three.

Currently reading Brightest Day and Final Crisis."

welp, I only read the first issues of them all. That's a bummer.

message 14: by Julien (new)

Julien L | 6 comments just finished geoff john's run on the Flash and Brightest Day and am reading the Warren Ellis Authority/Stormwatch/Planetary stuff.

message 15: by Grace (new)

Grace (Fives) | 7 comments Grace wrote: "I just finished Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes and will be starting Flashpoint, Flashpoint: The World of Flashpoint Featuring Wonder Woman, Superman: Escape from Bizarro World,Batman: No M..."

I finished reading the Flashpoints, really good! And finally I find something that comes right after something I just read! I totally understood everything!

message 16: by Grace (new)

Grace (Fives) | 7 comments Julien wrote: "just finished geoff john's run on the Flash and Brightest Day and am reading the Warren Ellis Authority/Stormwatch/Planetary stuff."

Geoff Johns' stuff is the best!

message 17: by Julien (new)

Julien L | 6 comments It varies. At least I think so. Teen Titans was pretty awful but then again I never liked the Titans at all except individually.

I like his Flash, Aquaman, and the league book with Finch. Oh and JSA