Herondale, Carstairs, and Gray discussion

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)
This topic is about Clockwork Princess
Other > CLOCKWORK PRINCESS

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Perenelle | 31 comments OMG, JUST GOT MY COPY? Who else has read, is reading, or wants this book??

WOOT, GOT COLLECTOR'S FIRST EDITION :D

Lizbeth | 22 comments JUST GOT MINE AND CANT WAIT TO READ IT!!!!!!

Kathy M (emkatherine) No one has it on Kindle to lend it to me? :((

Ashley (gomj25) | 89 comments Mod
Just got mine today! So excited!

Perenelle | 31 comments I cant start yet!! :( I'm rereading Clockwork Angel and Prince, but I looked at the family tree--and AHHHHHHH

message 6: by l (new) - rated it 5 stars

l (NO SPOILERS, I PROMISE)
I've finished it and it killed me. I literally walked around for the rest of the day feeling empty and numb. I had gotten so attached to these characters, so the epilogue tore my heart out and I literally cried myself to sleep last night, because I didn't want it to be over. The ending was beautiful, yet heartbreaking. It was great, because there was a lot of closure of the story, about what had happened to the characters etc. It felt like it was ending, so that was bittersweet.

Sophie (warpedline) | 8 comments Lauren ~Clockwork Princess broke me~ wrote: "(NO SPOILERS, I PROMISE)
I've finished it and it killed me. I literally walked around for the rest of the day feeling empty and numb. I had gotten so attached to these characters, so the epilogue t..."

EXACTLY how I felt. Down to the last teardrop.

message 8: by l (new) - rated it 5 stars

l Sophie wrote: "Lauren ~Clockwork Princess broke me~ wrote: "(NO SPOILERS, I PROMISE)
I've finished it and it killed me. I literally walked around for the rest of the day feeling empty and numb. I had gotten so at..."

I think what really annoyed me was my family didn't even care. My sister doesn't read books and my parents only read non-fiction, so they just don't understand.
When I came out looking upset while I was reading it, I was like,
(view spoiler)

Varsha | 5 comments Lauren ~Clockwork Princess broke me~ wrote: "Sophie wrote: "Lauren ~Clockwork Princess broke me~ wrote: "(NO SPOILERS, I PROMISE)
I've finished it and it killed me. I literally walked around for the rest of the day feeling empty and numb. I h..."

I know exactly what you mean Lauren. After finishing the book I came out of my room crying. All I wanted to be was comforted. And my parents tell me that's 'its just a book' I was so frustrated and hurt..

Perenelle | 31 comments Wow. Whenever I read and finish a book, their lives go on, while mine stays back with the characters. It annoys me so much because I can't talk to anyone about it. And then I get so...icky and then i end up spoiling it for someone.
I am REALLY nervous now, but if the book ended beautifully but heartbreaking...ly, then I better brace myself.

message 11: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara (rebelliouscherub) I got it Saturday and finished it at 12:37 Saturday night. It was amazing. The epilogue was both really happy and really really really sad.

Kathy M (emkatherine) Someone, please lend it to me!!! I am dying here!!!

I...can't even speak! It was so hard to read the ending and then she tried to make it better by saying "Oh, but Tessa has Jem now." NO! IT IS NOT OKAY! That seriously ruined my whole day and I can't even start another book for a couple hours. I am mourning.

message 14: by Jessica (last edited Mar 30, 2013 11:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jessica  (stuckinotherworlds) I cried enough tears to sink the titanic when I was reading the Epilogue. Especially the will part. But she wrote his part really beautifully. I've never gotten this sad about a book before. I've cried about a book but not THIS much. Poor Will. I will mourn him for a long time. :(

Six  (blueeyes1212) | 17 comments Chocolatethunda wrote: "I cried enough tears to sink the titanic when I was reading the Epilogue. Especially the will part. But she wrote his part really beautifully. I've never gotten this sad about a book before. I've c..."

I feel the exact same way. I think I even got a tear or two on the pages. It was so sad that usually when i cry in a book its silent but these were loud heaving sobs and my sister thought someone had died in my room I was crying so loud.

Kathy M (emkatherine) Come on... nobody can lend this book to me?

Perenelle | 31 comments omg, the ending was...GAHHHH!!

HOW CAN CASSANDRA CLARE END IT LIKE THAT?????!!!
Bye Bye London :'C

Chisom O | 12 comments Ohh god. This is probably the most beautiful book i've ever read. i didnt really like the ending, but i thought it was ok.
(view spoiler)

message 19: by Down With Jem (new)

Down With Jem (DownWithJem) | 1 comments Does my name count as breaking the rules? XD

message 20: by RAI (new) - rated it 4 stars

RAI | 17 comments Chisom wrote: "Ohh god. This is probably the most beautiful book i've ever read. i didnt really like the ending, but i thought it was ok.
[spoilers removed]"

Yeah, I loved the ending! I guess it was a fair one. Fans of Both Will and Jem weren't disappointed. And for your spoiler, I think he does too.

I hated the ending and I'm a Will fan. I would've liked it more if the epilogue was removed

message 22: by RAI (new) - rated it 4 stars

RAI | 17 comments Ashley wrote: "I hated the ending and I'm a Will fan. I would've liked it more if the epilogue was removed"

But don't you think it gives both the Will fans and Jem fans an equal satisfaction with how it ended?

message 23: by S. (new) - rated it 5 stars

S. E. (uchihasakura) | 4 comments Ashley wrote: "I hated the ending and I'm a Will fan. I would've liked it more if the epilogue was removed"

I think you're not being fair here. Will and Tessa lived a long full life together and had children and grandchildren. Jem was sick most of his life then became a silent brother and could never be with the girl he loved. A couple hundred years later he got a chance to be with her. After all the shit he's been through, don't you think he deserves to be with Tessa? They were at some point engaged, don't forget. That's my personal opinion :)

See my problem was that I love Will and I didn't like Jem. I did feel bad for him because of his illness and all but I didn't like that he was always perfect. He wasn't an interesting character for me. I wanted her to be with Will. And I know it wouldn't be a nice existence for Tessa to spend the rest of eternity without anyone in her life, but that's why I didn't want to see the epilogue. It explained Will's death and then it says that she loves Jem. I know it was hundred of years later, but it didn't feel like that to me. I liked the whole book except the epilogue. I am sure that all the Jem fans loved it, but I wasn't a fan of it.

Chisom wrote: "Ohh god. This is probably the most beautiful book i've ever read. i didnt really like the ending, but i thought it was ok.
[spoilers removed]"

What do you mean by that spoiler?

Justine saulnier | 4 comments Nobody ever cares when we are so hurt or we yell at something that happens in a book hey just never understand.