.:.Book Bodega.:. discussion

Under the Dome
This topic is about Under the Dome
Book Discussions > Comment As You Read | Under the Dome (Under the dome #1) by Stephen King

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sammee (new)

Sammee (chasing_sammee) | 379 comments Mod
Leave your thoughts about TUnder the Dome (Under the dome #1)by Stephen King, as you are reading, just make sure you say what chapter & page you are on so that there are no spoilers. This way we can discuss as we read without ruining the ending for anyone.

message 2: by Mia (last edited Apr 02, 2013 01:31PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mia (miapea) | 359 comments Well, neither is available as an ebook from the library, and there's a loong wait on the hard copies. Do I pay $11 for this kindle book or just wait. I can get teleportation from my corner bookstore with a gift certificate. Maybe they can order under the dome. Hmmmm!!

Update: Okay - I shelled out the cash because I wanted instant gratification, but I'm getting Teleportation Accident at my local bookstore.

message 3: by Mia (last edited Apr 03, 2013 12:08PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mia (miapea) | 359 comments I'm at location 1004 - no page numbers available on the kindle version - and this is about 4% of the book. So far, a couple of unsavory characters, but I expect this from King as opposed to Rowling!

Okay - location 1160 - 6% - what is this mysterious invisible barrier? Compelling...

Sarah (thesarah) | 86 comments I'm on page 62 of 1072 of Under the Dome: It's getting GOOD.

message 5: by Mia (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mia (miapea) | 359 comments It's book is now only $7.28 on kindle!!!! I'm so annoyed! I'm at location 3036/section called "prayer." Intriguing. I forgot how much I get irritated with Stephen kings unnecessary crudeness at times. But I'm engaged in the story.

message 6: by Mia (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mia (miapea) | 359 comments Returned and rebought it!

Sarah (thesarah) | 86 comments Mia wrote: "Returned and rebought it!"

Ugh. Don't get me started on ebooks. Lol.

But yeah, I was told that it gets 'rapey' and sure enough. But the story itself is still good. Really is a breakdown of society.

message 8: by Mia (last edited Apr 08, 2013 05:09PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mia (miapea) | 359 comments Sarah wrote: "Mia wrote: "Returned and rebought it!"

Ugh. Don't get me started on ebooks. Lol.

But yeah, I was told that it gets 'rapey' and sure enough. But the story itself is still good. Really is a breakd..."

My irritation was him calling lesbian sex "slit snacking" or something like that. Please. Is Stephen King a 12 year old boy?

message 9: by Mia (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mia (miapea) | 359 comments I'm at location 6259, 33% in, section 14, chapter 2: In the Frame. Wish I just had page numbers! Sarah I see what u mean about it getting "rapey." There really are a bunch of one and two dimensional characters here, and very unsavory ones, but it's a fun read and the tension between the good guys and bad guys is heating up!

Sarah (thesarah) | 86 comments Mia wrote: "My irritation was him calling lesbian sex "slit snacking" or something like that. Please. Is Stephen King a 12 year old boy? "

Amen, Mia! Sometimes his writing can be a little too dumbed down!

message 11: by Mia (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mia (miapea) | 359 comments Okay, guys, I'm really engrossed in this story. But I'm really really really wanting Big Jim to get his ass kicked, and then some.

message 12: by Mia (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mia (miapea) | 359 comments Just finished this morning!

message 13: by Mia (last edited Apr 24, 2013 07:25AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mia (miapea) | 359 comments Hey, when did we pick (suicidal) May books? Neither is available on e-loan from the library, but I'll see about regular loan. In the meantime, I'm gonna keep going on my Shadow of the Wind (trying to pace myself) and a few other things that have been on my shelves for a while. (Trying hard to save money on extras!)

LOL, I'm 200th in line for Amelia and 3rd in line for Long Way Down. :-)

message 14: by Mia (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mia (miapea) | 359 comments Hey - just picked up A Long Way Down and I'm now 195 for Amelia. In other news, I'm number 3 on the e-list for both The Angel's Game and Where She Went. How are folks doing with Under the Dome?

Sarah (thesarah) | 86 comments Will update with my review of Under the Dome. Really enjoyed it but they will definitely be toned down for tv.

I've previously read the May picks, but I will post my review at the end of the most so there are no spoilers. :D

message 16: by Kai Hunter (new) - added it

Kai Hunter | 192 comments Though I am not very far into this one yet, I've read so much King that it's like slipping on a well worn pair of slippers, that sometimes aren't that comfortable.

message 17: by Mia (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mia (miapea) | 359 comments Hey, guys! Anyone watching Under the Dome? So different from the book in many ways.

message 18: by Sammee (new)

Sammee (chasing_sammee) | 379 comments Mod
I saw 1 ep of it but forgot about the show. I didn't read the book so I have nothing to compare it to

message 19: by Kai Hunter (new) - added it

Kai Hunter | 192 comments I saw ep 1 and noticed many differences from the book. I meant to watch more but as I get up at 4:00 am, it's on past my bedtime and I keep forgetting to watch it on on demand. I think I'm too involved in my summer reads and exercising.

Sarah (thesarah) | 86 comments I haven't started it yet, I was getting caught up on The Killing, reading and editing videos. Had a feeling it was going to be more toned down than the book (especially for network tv). How do you guys like it compared to the book?

Going to try to start it this weekend! :D

message 21: by Sarah (last edited Jul 29, 2013 09:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sarah (thesarah) | 86 comments http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/cbs-u...

CBS’ ‘Under The Dome’ Renewed For Second Season

Sarah (thesarah) | 86 comments The plot is deviating from the book and I think Barbie should be older. I would have preferred if it was more like the book.

message 23: by Mia (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mia (miapea) | 359 comments It's as if someone said, "Hey, let's do our own version of what would happen if a mysterious dome came down and isolated a town...and let's also borrow some character names from that book where Stephen King explores the same theme." It's a whole different show. And now they're looking at more than one season. I thought it would be a small, contained mini-series. Hmmm. Wonder if they'll ultimately have a different explanation for the dome.