Bookhungry discussion

General > Introductions

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allison (new)

Allison Virtue | 131 comments Mod
Hello! I'm Allison, and I read mostly Sci-Fi and Fantasy. I read like a hungry person eats, voraciously and with great enjoyment. And, since I started the group, that's why it's called bookhungry. I look forward to discussing what we're reading, and what we think of it.

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather (baronessheather) | 24 comments This is a great idea, Allison!
For those I haven't met, I'm Heather, and I also typically read a lot of Sci-Fi and Fantasy. That said, hard-boiled mysteries and literary fiction take up a fair bit of my bookshelf real estate, too.

message 3: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Numer | 3 comments Hello- My name is Jonathan- and I love to eat books and consume the dreams and ideas therein. The more I read the more I want to read. I am glad to be a part of this group. I mostly read history, fiction and fantasy, but on occasion any other genera will sneak into my book-hoard.

message 4: by Allison (new)

Welcome, Heather! You were one of the reasons I got started, so I'm so glad you've joined! You know, I've been thinking of reading more mysteries myself, perhaps we'll have to spend a month on one.

Jonathan! Welcome, so glad you've found us. Books are delicious. What sort of history do you read? Strictly nonfiction, or does historical fiction have a place in your heart as well?

message 5: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Numer | 3 comments Well- for the most part Non-fiction. Since I read fiction as well I wouldn't mind if they ever came together, but for the most part my historical reading is educational.

message 6: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Numer | 3 comments Forgive my diction- I'm running off two hours of sleep and I should be in bed ;)

message 7: by Robin (new)

Robin (angelofmusic13) | 3 comments Hi ya'll! It's me! Glad to join the group!

message 8: by Katie (new)

Katie Martines | 1 comments Hello!! I am Katie! I love to read and miss curling up with a good book. The demands of life have almost sucked my time away, therefore I figuring joining with a group to read will help me have an excuse for reading! I love fantasy, interesting scifi, and a historical novel (fiction or not fiction). I am ready to get lost in another with a book!

message 9: by Allison (new)

Scott, I've deleted your comment because the introduction thread is not the place to request editing on your book. If you want, feel free to give your book a brief introduction in the Author Intro section (which I have just added) and start a separate thread below that to ask for book feedback. Thank you.

message 10: by Allison (new)

Katie and Robin! Hi! Welcome to our group!

message 11: by Bon (new)

Bon (bonne) Hellooooo, I'm Bon! I'm a long time member of goodreads and I decided it's about time I joined one of these book clubs. I seem to be reading mostly fantasy and sci-fi of late and I'm trying my hardest to branch out. So far, it hasn't worked.

I look forward to sharing book experiences and discussions with you all!

message 12: by Allison (new)

Hello Bon, and welcome!

message 13: by Fawn (new)

Fawn Carriker | 23 comments Hi, I'm Fawn...I'm a book fiend, and will read almost anything, although my favorites are memoir, spiritual, scifi, and children's books. Allison is my cousin several times removed, and I enjoy seeing the books she recommends.

message 14: by Allison (new)

Welcome, Fawn! I didn't know you were a fellow scifi lover. We'll have to have a good conversation about that sometime. :D

message 15: by Fawn (new)

Fawn Carriker | 23 comments I hope to meet you "for real" someday now that you're back in God's country!

message 16: by Robin (new)

Robin (angelofmusic13) | 3 comments Wow, we've got some great folks joining. Allsion, thank you again for setting this up!

message 17: by Allison (new)

No problem! I had some not-so-subtle nudging from friends as a push. I am so excited that other people are excited too! -dances-

message 18: by Robin (new)

Robin (angelofmusic13) | 3 comments Allison wrote: "No problem! I had some not-so-subtle nudging from friends as a push. I am so excited that other people are excited too! -dances-"

Well, you are a good one to do this. I don't know if I'll get to actually read the books at the time, but I am always looking for new ones for the TBR stacks and I enjoy hearing about them from others. :D

message 19: by Nathaniel (new)

Nathaniel Steffel | 55 comments Hi! I'm Nathaniel, a consumer of Fantasy and Sci Fi worlds.

Never been in a book club before, and I *might* have read the first book (The Serpent's Shadow) three or four times, but that will make it even better because I get to see your experiences with an excellent book! We'll see what I can contribute, and what'll happen with later months. :-)

message 20: by Nishtha (last edited Apr 13, 2013 12:19AM) (new)

Nishtha Jindal (nishthajindal) | 26 comments Hi! I'm Nishtha. I'm from India. It's the first time I'm joining a book club. I love to read crime, mystery and thrillers with a bit of romance, but I am very flexible about what genre I read. I hope I have fun reading and discussing book with you all!

message 21: by Allison (new)

Welcome Nishtha! We're happy to have you in our group. :)

message 22: by Georgia (new)

Georgia Newell | 1 comments Hi everyone, I'm Georgia. Fawn is my mom which makes Allison my cousin as well although we have never met! I have never been in a book club before even though I've always wanted to. I like to read biographies, memoirs, fiction and a lot of "chick lit". I'm excited to get a chance to read some books that I wouldn't necessarily choose on my own and getting to discuss them with you all!

message 23: by Nishtha (new)

Nishtha Jindal (nishthajindal) | 26 comments Hi Georgia! Even I am looking forward to having some fun discussing books.