Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Multiple author listings

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bethanie (new)

Bethanie Murguia | 2 comments My books are listed under two different names:
Bethanie Deeney Murguia
Bethanie Murguia

I would prefer that they all be categorized under one name, ideally Bethanie Murguia. Can that be done?

Thank you!

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 182 comments Hi Bethanie,

Goodreads prefers that the author names match the name the works were published under. As your Bethanie Deeney Murguia book has that name on the cover, the BDM profile will need to stay. If you'd like to claim it, you can do so here. If you prefer to not claim it, let me know and I can add a statement that you also publish under the name Bethanie Murguia.

As it looks like the books you have under your Bethanie Murguia name all used the name Bethanie Deeney Murguia on the cover, they will need to have the author switched to the other profile. Out of consideration, I will hold off on doing so for a bit in order to give you a chance to see and respond to this message.

Thanks!

message 3: by Bethanie (new)

Bethanie Murguia | 2 comments Thank you for your quick response. It is fine to put all books under the BDM profile. I had suggested the other way around since most of the books are in the Bethanie Murguia profile, but if BDM is the preferred route, that works for me. Please let me know if I need to do anything to make that happen. Does that mean I'll need to re-enter all of my personal information in the new profile?

message 4: by Vicky (last edited Mar 20, 2013 09:38PM) (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments Librarians can't edit profiles of GR authors, so I've put in a request here for Rivka (a staff member) to merge the two profiles.

All of your information will still be there after the merge, no worries! :)

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 182 comments Thanks, Vicky! When I came back here I saw your reply was posted "0 minutes ago" so I guess I refreshed at just the right second to avoid any repetition!

Bethanie, I hope this will work out well for you. :-) I did have a question for you, though, now that this part of the process is sorted (and will soon be fixed)...

I see that two of your book's are "Zoe" stories. Are they part of a series? If yes, the series information could be added. :-) I can do this for you if you'd like to tell me the series name and the order for the books.

Thanks!