The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Hello!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna (new)

Donna | 10 comments My name is Donna. I am new to the group. I love, love to read mysteries but I generally like the "fluffy" ones so I am hoping to stretch my "comfort zone."

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (emtmelissa) | 35 comments Welcome Donna!

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 21, 2013 04:28AM) (new)

Welcome to the group, Donna. What is a "fluffy" mystery?

message 4: by Alfred (new)

Alfred Nobile (htpsgoodreadscomalfrednobile) | 24 comments Welcome Donna. x

message 5: by Donna (new)

Donna | 10 comments Kathryn wrote: "Welcome to the group, Donna. What is a "fluffy" mystery?"

Melissa wrote: "Welcome Donna!"

I consider a "fluffy" mystery the type that are not graphic, no bad language, just fun stories to read. I don't know if you have ever read any of Diane Mott-Davidson's books or Susan Wittig Albert. I am a nurse so see lots of real life and I really enjoy losing myself in these easy reads.

message 6: by Donna (new)

Donna | 10 comments Derek wrote: "Welcome Donna. You'll be able to stretch your comfort zone here for sure. I'm not generally the fluffy type, so holler at me if I can help you with some recommendations. Cheers!"

Thanks Derek!

message 7: by Donna (new)

Donna | 10 comments Melissa wrote: "Welcome Donna!"

Thanks Melissa!

message 8: by Donna (new)

Donna | 10 comments Alfred wrote: "Welcome Donna. x"

Thanks Alfred.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Donna wrote: "Kathryn wrote: "Welcome to the group, Donna. What is a "fluffy" mystery?"

I consider a "fluffy" mystery the type that are not graphic, no bad language, just fun s..."

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them out. I guess I would say that I like to read more gritty mysteries but do occasionally read the "fluffy" ones because I can then recommend them to my daughter. I don't like her reading the ones that I enjoy the most.

message 10: by Raphael (new)

Raphael Harlan | 14 comments Kathryn wrote: "Donna wrote: "Kathryn wrote: "Welcome to the group, Donna. What is a "fluffy" mystery?"

I consider a "fluffy" mystery the type that are not graphic, no bad langua..."

Welcome, Donna! You'll definitely enjoy a lot of mystery books and e-books, including new ones written by a lot of indie authors in this genre.

I'm also an mystery author, and I write short stories and novelettes. I have a mystery e-book on Kindle, and it's part of the six-book series that I'm writing. Of course, I read most of other genres of books.

I believe you'll enjoy reading mystery books because there's nothing more enjoyable than getting in tune with the suspense.

message 11: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Welcome Donna. I recently discovered the Darling Dalhias series by Susan Wittig Albert and I'm really enjoying it.

message 12: by Bill (new)

Bill | 5461 comments Welcome to the group, Donna. I hope you enjoy the discussions here and find many more 'fluffy' mysteries to read. :0)

The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Susan Wittig Albert (other topics)