VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE discussion

MOD'S ROOM > Mod Chat...

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

Dan (dan2345) | 880 comments Mod
Okay, this is where us mods of the group come to chat about ideads/problems/what's going on/etc. MODERATORS ONLY...ANYONE ELSE'S COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.

message 2: by Kimberly, Supreme Hater of Twilight, lover of all other things vampiric (new)

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 97 comments Mod
Dan, I know we already mentioned it, but this seems the place to set it down. Suggestion of a group read (maybe starting May???); we could have people "nominate" a non-sparkly vampire themed book, and take a vote 2 weeks before the start date. (So everyone could have time to shop around/ check into their libraries, if they don't have a copy). I'm new to Goodreads, in general, but the group reads seem very popular in other forums. :)

message 3: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

Sure, we could do that, Kimberly. I'm not sure how that "nomination" thing goes. I think we do a poll. Yeah...that's it a poll. Alright, let's pick some books. I know you mentioned They Thirst. I have Malabeth The Vampire and 99 Coffins on my list of next books to read. Oh, and I set up a book challenge last night. We gotta get people going on that.

message 4: by Kimberly, Supreme Hater of Twilight, lover of all other things vampiric (new)

Dan wrote: "Sure, we could do that, Kimberly. I'm not sure how that "nomination" thing goes. I think we do a poll. Yeah...that's it a poll. Alright, let's pick some books. I know you mentioned They Thirst. I h..."

Great idea, Dan! I love the book challenges--they're a great way to motivate yourself when those TBR piles add up!

message 5: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

Okay, Kimberly so we have a book challenge. So far we have...

1.)They Thirst
2.)Melabeth the Vampire
3.)99 Coffins: A Historical Vampire Tale

We need atleast two more.

Oh and Kimberly...I don't know if you've read any vampire books this year, but if you have GO DO THE BOOK CHALLENGE! LOL

And the rest of you lazy mods get in here!! Where's Lucy??

message 6: by Kimberly, Supreme Hater of Twilight, lover of all other things vampiric (new)

Burden Kansas, by Alan Ryker (I read that this year). The sequel is Blood Tells True--I have the e-version, but haven't read it yet... (I'll get right on that, sir! LOL!).

Also, Hag Night, by Tim Curran: new release, I just read that one a couple of weeks ago.

Lucy? Kyle?

message 7: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

Okay we have three more. Now we need some from Kyle and Lucy.

message 8: by Lucy, Give me FANGS not SPARKLES (new)

Lucy | 61 comments Mod
I really like "The Light at the End." I've read it before, but for those who haven't, it would be a great book for the group read. :)

message 9: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

Lucy wrote: "I really like "The Light at the End." I've read it before, but for those who haven't, it would be a great book for the group read. :)"

I've read the Light at the End too. Theres are fifth. Now it's Kyle's turn.

message 10: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

Okay, I think I'll get that poll started soon. I think we have enough books to choose from.

message 11: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

Alright I've set up a group read poll for June. The poll will start today and will end May 31st. I have already sent out invitations.

message 12: by Lucy, Give me FANGS not SPARKLES (new)

Lucy | 61 comments Mod
Hey fellow mods...sorry I've been MIA lately. It's final time at school, so I've been kinda offline for a bit. I'll be back though...don't anyone start sparkling while I'm gone!! ;)

message 13: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

Um...what happened to Kyle??? Did he quit???

message 14: by Kimberly, Supreme Hater of Twilight, lover of all other things vampiric (new)

Dan wrote: "Um...what happened to Kyle??? Did he quit???"

Maybe he started sparkling....I'm sure Lucy has the stakes sharpened in case of just such an emergency.... LOL!

message 15: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

If he started sparkling it would take fire to kill him. Meyer's vampires are too perfect. God, I hate that bitch!!!

message 16: by Lucy, Give me FANGS not SPARKLES (new)

Lucy | 61 comments Mod
Did someone say "sparkle'???? Ok, who needs killing?

message 17: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

So I know I've been away for quite some time. But I want to get this group going again. How do we breathe some new life into it??

message 18: by E.B. (last edited Dec 13, 2013 04:55PM) (new)

E.B. Hood (melabeth) | 67 comments I know I am not a moderator, but maybe we should find other books that sparkle... like hunger games. Damn that book was bad. Sorry that wasn't a vampire book even if it did suck some life out of me.

message 19: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new)

E.B. wrote: "I know I am not a moderator, but maybe we should find other books that sparkle... like hunger games. Damn that book was bad. Sorry that wasn't a vampire book even if it did suck some life out of me."

Sorry you didn't like the Hunger Games, E.B. Damn, that's on my tbr shelf. I have a copy of it sitting right here. Well wasn't too crazy about the movie anyway. No, this is strictly a vampire group.

message 20: by E.B. (new)

E.B. Hood (melabeth) | 67 comments Can't make everyone happy. I think I am alone in my dislike. Today is my big opening wish you could be here. There will be photos of my book, your cover on facebook today. Have a good one.