ROBUST discussion

Reviews > RECOMMENDATIONS

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andre Jute (last edited Mar 20, 2013 04:01PM) (new)

Andre Jute (andrejute) | 4851 comments Mod
In this thread you can recommend books you've read, films you've watched, television programmes, plays, music, whatever you like.

One caveat: if you're writing a bigger review than a mere recommendation, start a separate thread for it in the REVIEWS folder and put the name of your recommendation in the title so we can find it easily.

message 2: by Andre Jute (last edited Mar 20, 2013 07:50PM) (new)

BBCTV4 is bringing back on Tuesday nights their stunning series, first broadcast in the 1970s, of I, CLAUDIUS, lovingly made in 13 1h40m episodes from the pair of Robert Graves volumes which are supposedly the history by Claudius' himself of his murderous imperial family.

Outstanding.

I'm cheering for Livia!

message 3: by Matt (new)

Matt Posner (mattposner) | 276 comments That version of I claudius from the 1970s is one of my favorite 70s dramas. I could watch it start to finish right now!

message 4: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Beard (jabeard) We watched it in my high school Latin class.

message 5: by Andre Jute (new)

I will watch it start to finish. I normally give no time at all to television but for that one I'm setting aside the 1h40m a week for 13 weeks. Definitely worth it.

message 6: by Andre Jute (new)

Bad weather here. Poor television reception. Dinner was late because it took me 45 minutes to find the movie I wanted to watch on our movie shelves -- somebody should really sort them by some scheme -- which was The Long Kiss Goodnight with Geena Davis and Samuel L Jackson, a superior action movie with lots of lovely lines and vignettes. I especially like the one where she chops the carrots ever faster.