What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Fernande
This topic is about Fernande
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Solved: Al. Dumas book, starts with an F [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roxana (new) - added it

Roxana (tu-whoo) | 2 comments I read this ages ago and, even though I'm pretty sure I've got the author right, I've not been able to find it yet. It is one of his earlier novels and probably one of the less popular ones. Also a romance, and I don't remember any sword fights ;)

The only thing I remember from the book is that it's named after the main character, a lady, and her name started with an F. Also, she painted and there was a quote in which she was told something along the lines of: people admire her paintings because she isn't an artist, painting for a living, and she would find it very different if she was serious about trying to live off of her art. I'm sorry, I'm not sure this is very helpful.

Also, it might have started off almost like a fairytale? I remember a scene with a castle in a forest and a traveler arriving there, maybe in a storm/lost? I'm sure if I can find and read the book it will be awkward seeing what I wrote here, but I hope someone can help.

Thank you!

message 2: by Lou (last edited Mar 20, 2013 04:22PM) (new)

Lou Rocama | 436 comments You might check the list of his works in wikipedia (assuming you haven't already). They're pretty thorough for classics. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandr...

Was the title you remember in English or French? Was it the Lady's name, or her title?

message 3: by LauraW (new)

LauraW (lauralynnwalsh) | 374 comments The only one I can find is Fernande.

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Fernande: The Story of a Courtesan for the click link.

message 5: by Roxana (new) - added it

Roxana (tu-whoo) | 2 comments Thank you! I think it is Fernande, although I read the plot and I remember nothing of it --_--'.

It is not on the list of his works on Wikipedia and I went through the list here on Goodreads, but I didn't spot it, so I'm really happy you knew what I was talking about! Thanks again! Now I'm excited to find a copy and re-read it :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Fernande (other topics)